3 |𝙿𝚊𝚠𝚗𝚜|

Kristine's POV

"NORMAAANNNN!!"

I ran towards full force, throwing myself in arms. He tried to catch me but his weak body couldn't support my weight resulting in both of us face-planting on the floor.

"Ughhh..." He groaned, holding his waist for support. I laughed at his silly face. He's really weak! I'm not even that heavy! I can't believe he dropped me to the ground.

"Norman! Why are you so weak?!" I asked as I stood up, dusting my dirty skirt.

"You've just gained weight Kristine," he said without looking at me. The audacity of this boy! I huffed, feeling attacked by what he said. You should never tell a lady that she gained weight!

"Well...what do you want?" he asked, his signature smile etched on his face.

Oh right, I almost forgot what I was here for. I stopped my silly antics and faced him with a serious face. His smile also dropped, the mood in the room turning cold.

"What happened last night?" I asked.

"Nothing." He immediately answered, his eyes averting my gaze.

You could've done better on lying Norman. They'll fail on fooling Mama if they're this transparent. I sighed, thinking of ways to make him admit what happened at the gate that night.

I grabbed his wrists, stopping him from escaping. "Why are you acting so weird then?" I glared at him, attempting to catch his gaze.

I grabbed his face with both of my hands, forcing him to look at me straight in the eyes. Why can't he just be honest about his feelings for once?

He's trying his best not to breakdown because he needs to appear strong before Emma. This boy thinks that he needs to shoulder all that burden alone because that would be the most logical thing to do.

'Emma can't handle her emotions well, that's why I need to be strong.' - is what he is probably thinking.

"Norman...you do know that you are a child too, right?" I said slowly, measuring his expressions.

Although he looks alright, I'm pretty sure that he's also experiencing nightmares every night like Emma. His eyes widened for a bit before breaking into a warm smile. He held my hands that were still in his face, slowly letting them down.

"I'm...fine Kristine," he muttered.

You're really testing my patience, white boy. I didn't reply and just started dragging him towards the roof. It was a spot that I always go to whenever I wanted to see the sunrise. There's a window in the attic that's not latticed, which leads to the roof.

"Where are we going?" I stopped in my tracks and glared at him before replying "Shut up and follow me."

As I opened the window, the cold wind greeted us. I laughed at Norman's terrified face and offered him my hand. "Are you really sure about this?" I grinned widely and only nodded. He hesitantly accepted my hand and I immediately hauled him to the roof, earning a yelp from him.

Pfft-!

He's such a scaredy-cat! It took us a few minutes until we reached the top because Norman's knees kept shaking. I laughed too hard at the sight of him so he refused to accept my help and kept slipping here and there. I'm just glad that he didn't totally fall to the ground.

"Look Norman! Isn't the view here beautiful?" I asked and directed my gaze to the beautiful sunset right in front of us. His terrified face was immediately replaced with a mesmerized expression. I knew he would love it here! He's such a sucker for pretty landscapes. I once caught him reading a magazine full of tourist spots of the human world.