1 |𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙾𝚟𝚎𝚛 |

Present Day

It's cold. It's as if something wet is beside me.

Why would my bed be wet?

Oh shit.

I quickly got out of bed to see a crying boy beside me. "Thoma, did you just pee in my bed again?" I asked. A shadow looming over my eyes.

Thoma immediately stopped crying when he saw my pissed face and immediately ran for his life while shouting "MONSTER!" through the hallways. I ran towards him screaming muffled profanities because of his silliness.

"Oh my freaking god Thoma! How many times has it been already? Just pee in the goddamn toilet for Pete's sake!"

I stopped running after him and plopped on the ground, ruffling my hair in annoyance.

Whatever. I should just probably clean up the mess before Mama sees it. I immediately threw the pee-stained bed sheet towards the laundry room. How am I even supposed to freaking hide this from Mom?!

I was deep in my thoughts when someone tapped my shoulder causing me to shout and slap the hand away.

"Bruh! I almost pissed my pants! What do you wa-" I immediately slapped a hand towards my mouth when I realized that Mama was the one who tapped my shoulder.

"I'm sorry Mama! I was just so surprised!" I said while grinning sheepishly. My smile fell when I realized that Mama was holding the bed sheet that I desperately tried to hide in the laundry room.

"Kristine, can you kindly explain what this is?" she asked, still smiling. Damn, this part of Mama really creeps me out. I mean, even though she is smiling, you will notice that she isn't particularly happy about that.

Well...it is filled with pee after all. Who would be happy about that?

"No Mama! Let me expl-" My words were cut off with Thoma's scream.

"Mama! Kristine peed on her bed!"

Thoma sneakily ran away while snickering. At that moment, the last string of my patience finally cut off and I swear all I could see was red. Thoma's smug smile replayed on my head as I desperately reminded myself that I would not hurt that child.

Hurting children should be allowed, really. Sometimes you just wanna yeet them out of the window.

Before I could even chase Thoma, I was grabbed in the collar by Mama dragging me towards the basin.

"Now, now Kristine. Be a good girl and wash your bed."

"But Mama! I swear it wasn't me! Thoma climbed to my bed and peed there!" I pleaded.

"Kristine...you do know that lying is bad right?"

"But-"

"No buts! Now wash your bed or else no breakfast for you."

I was left alone in the room, internally screaming profanities towards the mischievous Thoma. How am I even supposed to finish washing a whole ass bed?! And besides, everyone thinks that I really wet the bed.

This has got to be the worst day of my life. I just want to crawl into a hole and hide there forever. Now, everyone's gonna see me as an 11-year-old girl who wets her bed. Freaking hell.

My stomach growled as I felt the exhaustion kicking in. I quickly finished washing the bed and immediately made my way towards the dining room. It's only been a few hours since I started the day but I already feel exhausted. Well...I guess it is a common scenario in this house. I will cry if I ever experience peace in here.