three

Sunday
S P E N C E R

his name, and his number, and a hamburger. that's about all i got out of him on last thursday. but he was coming to pick me up this evening to take me to dinner. all he said about it, was for me to dress nicely.

he was most definitely not the informative type.

my family wasn't religious, so i didn't have a bunch of dresses in my closet. and i had never attended a prom, or homecoming. i always thought that prom was for those who had boyfriends, and homecoming was just retarded.

so i never went.

i walked downstairs, finding my brother sleeping on the couch, and my mom still in bed. she typically slept in until two, maybe three p.m. on sunday's. and it was only one p.m.

i grabbed the car keys, and locked the door after i walked outside. i had to go find something to wear for tonight. (pic on side)

i decided on a floral printed skirt, white plunging neck line crop top, and some white heels  to complete the look, although, i didn't really know if i actually wanted to wear the heels.

i smiled at my reflection in the mirror, then looked at the time. five fifteen. zayn would be here around five forty five. i walked downstairs, phone in hand as i looked at a text message, from an unknown number.

"roses are red violets are blue. i cant help but smile when i'm thinking of you" it stated simply.

i smiled at the thought that someone smiled when they thought about me. but then again, why would you send a text to someone without telling them who you were?

"i'm sorry, but who is this?"

"guess ;)"

"zayn?"

"gotcha princess"

i giggled, reading "princess" over again in my mind.

"haha. cute"

"i know i am"

"oh my god zayn. you are so stuck on yourself"

"maybe so. but i would much rather have you suck on me"

i gasped. "what?"

"oh princess. you've so much yet, to learn"

i heard the doorbell ring, and opened the door it expecting to see zayn, but instead i saw a man who looked to be about my mom's age, light hair, and kin dof heavy set.

"hello" i said cautiously.

he grinned, "hi there young lady. is your mum home?"

"um...who may i say is asking?"

"dave"

i nodded, then turned away.

"mom" i yelled up the stairs.

"some guy is here asking for you. his name is dave or something"

my mom came rushing down the stairs wearing a strapless, black evening gown. she had done her hair and makeup, and was wearing her favorite nude colored heels.

"mom, you look beautiful"

"thank you baby" she said, embracing me in a hug.

"should i invite him in?" i asked her, pointing towards the front door.

"yes, yes"

i opened the door yet again, stepping aside, and motioning for him to come in.

"thank you, young lady" he said, nodding at me with a smile.

"so, where are you guys going?" i asked, leaning my elbows on the bar.

"just out for dinner, then maybe a movie" dave said, looking at my mother with a smile.

"oh, have fun you two. but mum?"

"yes, darling?"

"i'm actually going out tonight, too. so if i'm not home by the time that you get back, don't worry about me."

she nodded as her and dave walked out of the house, her arm linked with his.

"okay, well have fun. but not too much fun. i don't need any more brothers, or sisters. i have really enjoyed only having an older brother who can deal with his own problems."

i closed the door behind them, only to open it again shortly after.

"hey baby girl"

quick author's note, i've decided to make each chapter so that they're each spaced anywhere from one week, to two weeks apart. i might post them every day, but PLEASE remember that they're actually about a week after whatever happened in the last chapters. unless further instructed. ty babes <3