'G' Stands for 'Ghastly Discoveries'

Ethan's fingers drummed on the hollow walnut surface of the table as he watched Tweed enter through the door Hana had come in from not too long ago. 

"Wh-what are you doing?" 

Ethan jumped at the voice before him but breathed out with relief that it wasn't his father, or worse, the police. His shoulders eased back as he glanced up at Hana's perplexed expression in front of his table.

"I th-thought you w-were getting us something to e-eat," Hana said to Ethan with a frown. He tried to slide the file into his jacket without her noticing, but, upon realizing that he was wearing his signature, olive green hoodie, he sprawled his arms over the file in a poor attempt to hide it. 

Naturally, Hana sat in front of him, tapping her hot pink nails on the sticky, rustic wood tabletop, and she peered at the tan file. Before Ethan could react, her hand darted under his arms and snatched it from his grip. 

"What i-is th-this?" she asked as she opened up the file, ignoring Ethan's protests. When she saw what the file was, she gasped, looking up at her brother. 

"Ethan... is-s this wh-what I th-think it is?" she asked. He grimaced, stealing the file back from her and closing it, his eyes roving around the deserted cafeteria in case a pair of prying eyes caught sight of what he was hiding. 

"Okay, yes, it is, but it's not what it looks like! I just..." Ethan pushed his midnight black hair back and out of his face. "I just need you to cover for me. Please?" he pleaded with Hana, whose shocked face softened as she took up Ethan's hand and began pulling him up with her. 

"I think y-you need s-some rest, E. Mrs. Heifenmeir d-died of na-natural causes-s. C'mon, let's h-head back to-"

"No," Ethan said in a soft, but commanding tone. A bit surprised and taken aback, Hana dropped his wrist. Knowing that he had her attention, Ethan continued. "I'm not crazy. I mean, you saw it yourself. Mrs. Heifenmeir died of cyanide poisoning, and if everyone's just going to sweep the truth under the rug, who will fight for the woman who kept the soul of our town alive?"

Hana was silent for a few moments as she thought about Ethan's words, her long, black hair swaying slightly with the cold air from the vent above. Finally, she sighed, stepping back. "F-fine. I'll t-tell Mom and Dad th-that you c-called Tweed to pick y-you up... but I-I want you to do my chores for two w-weeks," she said. 

Classic k-drama blackmail from his sister. If someone spotted her now, they would think that innocent face made her an angel. They would be wrong. She learned everything about human interaction from her Asian dramas that she was so obsessed with.

Ethan had two choices: he could either let her tell their parents the truth and be mauled by his mother, even with her injury, or he could agree and bring his "idol," as Hana would say, to justice. 

Begrudgingly, Ethan nodded a few times, and Hana nodded back, but before she turned to leave, she hesitated. 

"And I w-want five b-bucks," she said. Ethan cursed everyone who assisted in the process of making Asian dramas. Nevertheless, he slapped a bill from his wallet into her hand and nodded again, this time more assertively, to her.

With a wide grin, she nodded back, her turquoise hightops squeaking like a dying mouse. She tossed her glossy hair over her shoulder. Her almond eyes peeked a glance back at Ethan as if to make sure he was mentally okay before she disappeared. down the hall once more. 

"Tweed!" Ethan called out in a hushed tone, beckoning his friend over. Tweed's blonde head of hair bobbed as he crossed the room and sat across from Ethan at the dark wood table. Ethan's nerves were jittery, and he looked like he had just committed a bank robbery. Was he a criminal now?