'R' Stands for 'Risky Break-Ins'

Thursday morning rolled around quicker than a rabbit's hop, and Ethan woke up bright and early with a devious plot boiling in his mind. He planned to get the evidence needed to keep the bakery open, and the only way of doing that meant that he needed to sneak back into Red's house.

With as much stealth as an elephant, he somehow managed to get out of the house and down the street before the sun peeked over the horizon. During his walk to Red's across town, he breathed out slow.

What would he even say to Tweed when he saw him? Of course, Tweed was partly right, but Ethan was also right. His friend treated him like an accessory, and he was tired of it.

Luckily, Ethan didn't have to plan what he was going to say to Tweed any longer. His shoes skidded to a stop a few feet shy of Red's driveway. Creeping up the side of the house was a blonde mop head dressed in all black.

Of course Tweed would be here. After all, Ethan's idea was a very 'Tweed' thing to think of.

As if sensing Ethan's presence, Tweed's face turned up, and he sniffed before spotting Ethan. From the distance, he saw Tweed's brow furrow into confusion.

Ethan sighed, pushing back his black bangs and taking a few pacer steps. "Well... I might as well get what I came for," he muttered to himself. He glanced around at the empty street before jogging up to the house.

Tweed's face hardened, and he made his features impassive and stoic. He must have expected Ethan to try and start a conversation with him, but instead, he passed him and went straight for the door.

However, he immediately ducked behind one of the exterior's stucco walls when he spotted a blinking green light emanating from a black box stapled to the corner above the front door.

"Shit... when did he do that?"

Ethan jumped at the sound of Tweed's voice right behind him but brushed it off. "Must have been last night... do you think he saw us the other night?"

Tweed shook his head with a wince. "Nah... if he did, I would be locked in a jail cell tighter than a pair of spandex. You're a robot freak, can you think of a way to get rid of the extra eyes?"

Ethan snorted at this, crossing his arms over his chest. "And why should I be the one to solve your problem?"

"In case you haven't noticed, we're both standing here waiting to get in to steal a pan of almonds from an old guy's pantry."

He was right. If they were going to get that evidence, they needed to work together.

Ethan sighed, his shoulders slumping. "Fine." Ethan turned back to the camera in the top corner of the house, situated below the brand-new, silver gutters. He studied the camera with its blinking green light and sleek design. It was wireless, which meant that it required either breaking into the feed or...

"Hand me your phone," Ethan ordered. Tweed fished in his pocket and dug out the device. With a few taps, he figured out which wifi network was for Red's home.

"What are you doing?" Tweed whispered, his hair falling into his face.

"Do you have a garage door opener or something?" he asked. The boy next to him thought for a moment before rushing to his car and returning with a clicker.

"Here, this is for my aunt's house nearby," he explained. Ethan took up the clicker and continuously pressed the button until the blinking green light above the camera turned red. He smirked when he saw the change, satisfaction flood his chest.

"I just jammed the wifi, so it should be safe now," Ethan said. With an affirmative nod, Tweed scurried to the door and knelt with a bent bobby pin and a paperclip in his hands. Ethan studied his friend's deft movements before he cleared his throat and looked away.