'T' Stands for 'Treaties of Love'

"Mara? What are you doing here?" Ethan asked her through the door, and she beamed at him before focusing her attention on Tweed. 

"I would be crazy to let you two have all the fun in catching the bad guy. Now, how to get you out of here..." she trailed off, thinking deliberately. Tweed's mouth twisted to the side as they were all quiet, thinking. 

"Try backing up and kicking the door below the handle," Tweed ordered, but as he finished telling her what to do, the door swung open, and in her hand were two small pieces of metal. 

"I told you I can think for myself," she said in a hushed tone, but it wasn't threatening or snappy, but rather restating a fact. They both shared a look before Ethan interrupted their lovey-dovey gazing at each other with a clearing of his throat.

"I believe that we have a town to meet in front of," he said, and they both nodded, their faces growing serious as they all raced out of the house, toward the car. Tweed shoved the key in the ignition, and the old car roared to life. They still held out hope until Ethan pointed out the time on his phone. 

"We couldn't have been trapped for so long... it's already 11 o'clock. The meeting already started," Ethan said with his eyes as wide as saucers. He looked back at Tweed, who had a dismayed look on his face. Mara still held a determined expression as the car screeched to a halt outside of the town hall building, no doubt leaving skid marks on the asphalt. 

The doors were beginning to close when they pulled up, but Mara darted out of the car, her feet pounding against the pavement as she stuck her hand between the slightly-ajar double doors, right as they were a click away from shutting. 

She yelped at the impact of the door on her arm, but she was still able to keep it open in enough time for the boys to join her and slip in. The security guard at the door opened his mouth to protest, but the gang was in the meeting before the word 'stop' could fly off his tongue. 

"We made it," Tweed whispered in disbelief, and they all struggled to find empty seats. The interior itself was rather indistinguishable from other official buildings, with a high ceiling gilded in ancient artwork and beautifully glossy, parquet floors. Everything was lavish except for the fold-up chairs arranged in rows in the center of the room. 

The town hall was packed— not a chair was empty, and it seemed that the entire town had turned up. They managed to snag three seats, but all of the seats were separate from each other. 

The mayor laid the agenda out before the meeting officially started, and they all listened with care at the time they would present their case. All three of them collectively groaned, and it could be heard across the different places of the room they were seated in. Red would be presenting his side after theirs.

"First up, a statement from Mr. Chen, Mr. Ramirez, and Miss Bauchmann on the closure of Sol Bakery," he announced, giving them all concerned, yet vaguely supportive smiles. 

Ethan got up first and led their party onto the stage, clearing his throat in front of the microphone. With nerves shooting through his body like mini-lightning bolts, he cleared his throat and the microphone let out a glaring whine. He waited for it to settle before he glanced at Mara and Tweed, who both gave him a thumbs-up. 

"People of Ridgecrest. We have come here to present an issue to you all of something that has recently happened. The death, and the subsequent closure of the establishment that has brought this town together. Sol Bakery. 

"Most people remember this bakery as a great, family-friendly place to enjoy delectable pastries, but this place... it's so much more than that. We have all had great memories within those simple four walls. Maybe you met your spouse there. Maybe you had your first kiss in the shop. But, one thing is certain, regardless of your differing experiences within the bakery. It's home.