Losing Hope

Your arms felt as though they were going to fall off. Chained to the ceiling, you had to stand on your tippy-toes in order to take the pressure off. Exhaustion was beginning to take over. Though you were trying to fight it, you were low on energy, but what choice did you have? You couldn't sleep with your body stretched out like this.

Where are they? You thought.

How long had it been? How long would it be before your friends came for you? You hated to think that maybe they had been defeated on their way in. Unless they hadn't come at all. 

You shook your head. Over the last few years, you had all grown closer. You had all been there when you needed it most. There was no way they weren't coming. But if that was true, then where were they?

Hope was waning, and fast.

A creak echoed through the cell as the door opened. You didn't bother opening your eyes until you felt a presence in front of you. Your eyes met Dark's. Cold, unfeeling, and empty--it was like you were looking into a hole.

"What do you want?" you whispered. You didn't have the energy to do much else.

You suddenly felt a stinging slap on your back. You recoiled in pain. Anti gave a sadistic grin as he moved in front of you. Normally, it wouldn't have hurt that much, but he had aggravated a previous wound from a few days ago--one that he had caused. Judging by the look on his face, he knew what he was doing.

"I haven't done anything to you," you said quietly. Even you could tell there was no emotion in your voice. 

"Not this time," Anti said. "But I think you're forgetting everything that happened before."

He glitched slightly. You felt your eyebrow arch. That was something he hadn't done in a while. 

"We're not here for revenge," Dark stated. "Not at this point, anyway."

How? You were confused. How ever long you had been here, all they had done to you was beat you up, mentally abuse you, and leave you utterly perplexed.  If that wasn't for revenge, then what the heck were they doing to you?

"We're ready to change things, if you are," Natemare said.

"What are you talking about?" You asked. As far as you were aware, nothing had changed.

"(Y/n), how long have you been here?" Anti asked you.

You shrugged. "I don't know. A few days?"

"Let's look at the numbers, shall we?" Dark suggested.

Anti pulled up a screen, seemingly from nowhere. Of course, you weren't surprised; you had seen weirder things from them. What did surprise you was that the screen showed your YouTube channel. 

"(Y/n), you usually have your videos set to auto-upload two days ahead of schedule, correct?" Natemare asked.

You stared at him. You were trying to come up with a snarky remark, but you had no energy.

"You might as well be honest with us," Anti stated. "We have all the answers right here, anyway."

"Then why ask me the questions?" You say.

A scowl crossed Anti's face, and he started to walk toward you, only to be stopped by Dark's hand on his chest. He looked back at Dark. The two had a silent conversation with their eyes, then Anti backed off.

"Let's have a look at your videos," Natemare said, trying to get back on track.

You shifted uncomfortably. You weren't sure if that was because of the viruses' presence, or because you were hanging from the ceiling like a piece of meat.