seven

{Y/N POV}

I couldn't believe it, when Darry hit me when I was in Ponyboy's body, it made us switch. I wonder how Pony was doing.

~time skip to morning~

"Morning mo-" I started.
"Moms not here." Jen said.
"Then uh- where is she?"
"I don't know, had to run some errands." She said, filing her nails.

I hated my sister- and hate is a strong word. I didn't really hate anyone.

"Where do you think your going? With your greaser boyfriends? And yeah, I saw you last night."
"Yeah, so?"

"Mom would be really upset if she knew you were hanging around that trash."
"They aren't trash!" I snapped. "In fact, their way nicer to me than than you ever will be!" I said, running out the door.

Now, tears were streaming down my face- I don't know why. I was supposed to be a soc- stuck up, and rude. But I wasn't like that. I didn't like being a soc. You're expected to be so much more than you are- at least in my family. If I had B's, they wanted A's. And if I had A's, they wanted them to stay like that.

"Y/N!" I heard from a distance. It was Ponyboy.
"What's wrong?"
"It-its just my sister."
"Oh, I'm sorry."
"Let's go- I know somewhere I can take you." He said, grabbing my hand. I didn't know how he felt about me, but I knew I liked him- more than a friend.

"How do I know you're not a serial killer?"
"You don't!" We both laughed.

We ended up in a small grass area, surrounded by oak trees. In one of the trees, there was a treehouse.

"This is it!" He said.
"I love it."
"My dad and brother Darry built it when I was just a kid."
"That's so cool."
"Come on!" He said, pulling me to a rope ladder.

It was so cute on the inside. There was a small crocheted rug, and a bookshelf that contained many books and such.

"My mom made the rug. She always tried to get me to lean how to crochet, and now I wish I would've."
"That's sweet, I bet your mom was amazing."
"Yeah, she really was."

We just spent time getting to know each other. I never knew greasers could be so- soft.

"Yeah, and Dally's come up here a couple times to hide from the cops."
"That doesn't surprise me." We laughed.
"Y/N," he started. "I need to tell you something."
"Sure- anything."
"I- I really like you- a lot." He was blushing, and so was I in return.
"I really like you too." I smiled.

Then- we heard some rustling in the bushes below.

"C'mon, let's bug outta here." Pony said.
"Hold on," I said. "It could be dangerous."