Chapter 4

When I fell in love at first sight
with that smile and I can't quite describe 
how it feels

I quickly prepared for dinner, and before I knew it, Marinette was outside my house waiting for me. The car ride was quiet, with only the occasional whisper of her mom whenever she would miss a turn or when she would try to make small talk. I did not mind this, as it gave me time to clear any thoughts from my head. After Marinette's mom let us out of the car, the bells on the door announced our arrival.

Marinette's face lit up with excitement when she looked at the large table in front of her, "Oh! This is Kagami; you have not met her yet."

"Hey! I am Y/N! It is wonderful to meet you."

"As it is nice to meet you as well." I talked to Kagami for a few moments, and it was easy to see her entire personality in just those few minutes. She was intelligent and she was cautious around me. After we finished chatting, I began looking around for an empty chair. After consulting a few people, I settled in a chair near Kagami. I was talking with Adrien about him and his father, a new figure sat down next to me. Marinette shot up to introduce him to me.

"This is Luka! He is the calmest person you will EVER meet and he plays guitar!"

"Oh, nice to meet you. I am Y/N." I had never met Luka before in my life, but he had a sense of familiarity with him. Did I know him at an old school? Maybe I had seen him before? I stared at him, trying to rack my brain from where I had seen him.

"Are you okay?" I suddenly remembered that it was rude to stare at people.

"Oh! I'm fine. It's just, I feel like I know you," I gave him one last look before putting my eyes back to the table.

"It's alright. It must be your brain tricking you."

"Possibly. So..." We talked for the entire meal. About music, school, dance, learning, just anything we could talk about. What was strange was that whenever we would stop talking, I would say something random to keep him talking. He had the wildest thoughts, dreams, and desires. He told me about KittySection, the band that he was in. It seemed that almost everyone at the table had something to do with it.

"I have always wanted to learn how to play an instrument, I just never have due to the complications with moving and stuff," I sighed remembering the countless times I had picked up a random instrument and tried to play it.

"But aren't you here to stay in Paris? I can teach you guitar if you'd like."

"I appreciate the offer but I do not want to waste your time," I gave him a small smile, and thankfully our food came as soon as I said that. The waiter placed 3 round pans with cheese pizza. Everyone received 2 pieces and gobbled them up quite quickly.

When I was half-way done with my pizza, my phone began to buzz. I quickly excused myself to the bathroom and answered it.

"Hello?" I had to talk loudly so my dad to hear me.

"Honey? I am so sorry... Your mother fell and hurt herself. I am with her in the hospital right now. Can you ask one of your friends to take you home?"

"Of course Dad, let me call you back."

"Hey, can someone take me home? My mom is at the hospital," At this point, I was shaking. Was my mom going to be okay?

"I can take you home!" Marinette piped in.

"Thank you so much, Marinette."

"Wait- you are just going to be home alone? I feel so bad; you haven't even been here for a week and I feel like nothing is going right for you." Luka had a look of concern on his face.

"Omg! We should have a sleepover!" Rose squealed in her usual high pitched voice. Everyone agreed, except for Mylene, Max, Alix, and Ivan.

"I am sorry but there is a 95% chance that I will be unable to make it."

"I promised Mylene that I would have a movie night with her tonight."

"And I need to help my old man pack his car tonight."

No one else seemed to have a problem with it.

"Alright, Marinette, Alya, Adrien, Luka, Rose, Juleka, Nino, Y/N, and I can make it?" Alya looked up at everyone to confirm the details.

"Yep! So at Juleka's house? Like how we normally do it?" Everyone nodded. I was never the type to like sleepovers, but I was excited about this one for some reason.