Chapter 7

Don't want to be there when I'm sober
Hoping that I'll overdose on anything to keep me numb
Oh and I know I shouldn't need you
Know where this could lead to and I know
And I know
That I'll be alright but I don't
Wanna be there when it's over
Don't wanna be there when it's over

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jump awake when I hear the loud crashing of pots and pans.

"Sorry guys!"

We all sat up and looked at each other confused about what was happening.

"Is someone breaking into the boat?" Marinette groaned, looking around for any signs of danger. She laughed when she saw Luka's and Juleka's mom preparing breakfast.

"I thought I should make some breakfast for you guys after being informed on the current situation." Luka's mom flashed a quick smile before refocusing on the food.

"What... Situation?" The words came out of my mouth slowly, as I was afraid of something.

"Nothing. Breakfast is almost ready; Luka can you go wake your sister up in the other room?" He nodded his head as he stumbled into her room. In a few minutes, they both walked out of her room looking uncomfortable for some unknown reason. Their mom pointed to a kitchen drawer and the table, and they rushed over to the counter pulling out many paper plates in a variety of colors.

They set the stack of plates onto the table and grabbed a box of silverware with it.

"Alrighty, the food is ready! Eat up! I made plenty. She threw the large plate of pancakes onto the table and everyone sat down to begin eating. "And I will leave you guys here; I will be on the back deck if you need me!"

As soon as she was out of sight, Marinette jumped out of her chair, "Yep! Eat quickly because we got a day full of activities starting in about an hour."

I slowly stood up to face the group, "Well you guys have fun, I really should go see my mom"I began to reach my hand into my pocket, where my phone was securely placed.

"Do not even try to leave. We saw your mother's text message. She said to specifically stay with us." Luka grabbed my hands, putting them behind my back.

"At least let me talk to my mom. Please," After some careful consideration, he let go of my hands and let me dial her number. While the phone rang, he made a notion that signaled for me to stay where I was. After a quick chat with my father to confirm mom's safety, I gave the final approval that we could leave without any further issues.

"The first thing that I booked was zip lining. Then pottery, laser tag, and then we come back here for a turkey dinner!" Marinette laughed as she said laser tag, which made me think that they have already done many of these things.

After a few more moments, we all walked out of the door to begin our journey. It was a bit of a drive, but eventually, we reached the area where the course was located. It seemed fun, but it was a million feet in the air.

As the instructor talked about safety protocols and how to navigate the course, I could not listen. I was too focused on how tall every zipline was.

" And I believe that is everything! Any questions?" The instructor turned to us and we all vigorously shook our heads. She helped us to the starting point and double-checked with us to make sure we were okay, and then she left to help the next group.

Marinette and Adrien were the first people to climb up into the trees which shocked me. They did it as if it was second nature to them, flawlessly even. Next, Alya and Nino climbed up. They stumbled much more than Marinette and Adrien, but they eventually figured it out. At this time, I decided I should begin to climb up, to simply get it out of the way.

I slowly pulled myself off the ground, and eventually reached the top where the rest of the people on the platform could help me up. Once everyone was up, we encountered our first zipline. About half of us got through, when Adrien's phone starting buzzing violently about an akuma alert.

"It's okay, we are not in Paris and the villain usually stays in Paris right?" It seemed logical, but for a strange reason Adrien and Marinette were not pleased with it.

"I need to go to Paris right now." They both said at the exact same time.

"We are in the middle of the course, we can not just jump off the platform. We would for sure die." Kagami looked over at Adrien for a response, to which he did not give her one.

We began to speedrun the course in hopes to get back to Paris for Adrien and Marinette, but in the second to last zipline we ran into some trouble.

As Kagami was setting up to zipline down, we heard a deafening crash behind us. Behind us was a humongous baby, terrorizing the people on the ground. Within seconds, the majority of the group had flew down to the last platform. I, was not so lucky. The baby had now positioned himself in front of the zipline.

"Rose, go ahead down. You should be able to slide down without him getting you."

She nodded and rushed to get down. After she got down, I was the only one left. I looked around for the best option in getting down; I could zipline down to the next platform or I could jump. I scanned the area, and after quick consideration I knew I had to jump.

"I'm going to jump!" The platform was about 20 feet in the air, and I knew I could take the hit. Right as I jumped off the platform, I realized that Marinette nor Adrien were on the ground. Bracing for impact, I spread my body weight out, hoping this would distribute the pain.

As I was falling, I felt myself get lifted up into the air.

"Are you okay? I looked up to see ladybug's smiling face. Still in shock I slowly nodded, and once we landed my friends crowded around me and began asking me questions. Answering them the best I could, finally Luka emerged and helped me up.

"Are you sure you are okay? That could be traumatizing." Luka gave me "the look" and I laughed.

"Yes, I am perfectly fine. Where is Marinette and Adrien?"

"Uh- Marinette is okay. She rushed into the bathroom earlier. She is okay," She gave her signature quote and she swung away. Shortly after, Marinette appeared.