PROLOGUE

It was Friday night and Melody was walking home after leaving her girlfriends at Joes, a local bar they went to. She was supposed to stay out til late but she wasn't feeling in the party mood tonight. Melody just wanted to get into her pyjamas and snuggle with her husband in bed.

As the brunette climbed the stairs to their flat she felt a warmth in her heart thinking about being with the man she loved and how good their marriage was. Sure, they had their ups and downs but what couple doesn't?

Pushing the golden key through the keyhole Melody made her way through the door and into her flat, calling out for her husband.

"Josh?" Melody called placing her keys in the bowl by the front door before making her way through the building. As she waltzed down the hallway she peered through the kitchen door to see two full glasses of red rested neatly on her kitchen counter.

Sporting a gentle frown, Melody continued through the flat to the bedroom where small whimpers could be heard. The warmth that was in her heart had slowly turned to panic as she drew closer to her bedroom.

Melody noticed the wooden door was slightly ajar as she got closer, so she pushed it open gently. Just enough so she could see what she wished she hadn't!

The scene that was later out in front of the brunette was her husbands face between some girls legs, his hands latched around her legs keeping her still whilst she thrashed around in pleasure.

A release of breath caused the adulterous pair to stop what they were doing and turn their attention to the heartbroken girl stood by the door.

Josh quickly jumped off of the woman beneath allowing her to cover her naked body with the sheets beside her.

Melody was half way through the front door before Josh eventually caught up and pulled her back inside.

"It's not what it looks like Mel, I swear!" The brunette rambled, cupping his wife's face that was covered in tears. "She-she means nothing."

"You had your face buried in her vagina, Josh!" Melody shouted through gritted teeth. "That hardly means nothing." Melody gripped her fingers around Josh's hands before pulling down off of her face. "I won't settle for that."

And with one quick motion she was through the front door and down the steps until the fresh air hit her now, red and swollen face.

-

Walking wherever her feet took her, Melody thought about the last five years! The highs; getting married, moving into a new place with her husband, getting promoted in her job as an interior designer! And the lows; her low life husband cheating is pretty horrible but the worse thing that had happened was the disappearance of her younger sister.

Rhianna was twenty years old when she disappeared one night after her graduation from the police academy! The police knocked on door to door to find any information about her but no one seemed to know anything. She was pretty much untraceable.

The police had told Melody to assume the worse had happened and she did.

A few months ago a memorial service was held and a few of Rhianna's most valuable things were buried and everyone had accepted the fact she was gone!