ONE

It was 5:30pm and three weeks since Melody moved out of her shared home with her soon to be ex husband and into a new accommodation. She had slowly began to make it feel like her own and began to get back on her feet!

After finishing her pasta bake she made earlier on in the day and sipping the last f her wine, Melody quickly put on her trainers and coat before walking to the closer shop.

As she walked down the street she enjoyed the fresh and crisp air on her face.

Walking into the shop and going over to the flowers, Melody picked out a beautiful bunch of lilies, her sisters favourite, before walking over to the counter and paying. Whilst the cashier wrapped the flowers up, Melody felt someone tug at her coat.

Turning to where the tug came from the brunette saw a little girl no older than six looking up at her.

"Those are pretty." The girl spoke pointing at the flowers. Melody smiled gently and slowly nodded.

"They are aren't they." She replied taking them from the cashier as he handed them to her. "Here." Melody quickly took one of the lilies out of the bunch and handed it to the little girl. "Keep it."

The little girl smiled brightly before nodding.

"I'm going to give it to my daddy." She said before skipping off to her mum, holding her hand before leaving the shop. Melody smiled lightly before thanking the cashier and making her way out the door and to the graveyard.

-

Slowly kneeling to her sisters grave, Melody took a deep breath before smiling lightly.

"Its been three years Rhi. Three years since I saw you last. I spoke to mum the other day and she's in denial that you're gone.. she reckons you are sat on a beach on some island drinking a cocktail!" Melody let out a small laugh before wiping a simple tear that had escaped her eyes. "I just want to see you again."

Melody placed the lilies down before rising to her feet and placing a small kiss on the headstone before wiping her nose and walking through the graveyard to go home.

As she was on her way out, she noticed the same little girl she saw in the shop sat at at headstone with the lily clutched in her fingers. The little girl looked at her mum he nodded at her before she laced the lily down on the grave. Letting out another breath Melody walked away.

-

Coming to the end of her journey Melody pulled out her phone to check the time before it slipped from her hands. Groaning at the misfortune, she slowly bent over to pick it up before a screeching of tires distracted her. Looking up, Melody saw a man dressed in all black approaching her before all of sudden she saw nothing. A feeling of fabric was placed over her head and pain shot through her body after being thrown into what she assumed was the back of the van.

"Hey! Let me go!" She screamed as she thrashed around trying to kick at the person who was now tying her hands and feet. "Help!" Melody yelled multiple times.

"Shut it." The voice spoke. She noticed it was quite deep and hoarse, he was definitely an older man.

-

After what felt like years, Melody awoke from a deep sleep she never realised she was in. Gazing her eyes around the dark room she could faintly make out where she was. It was a bedroom, but it had no windows.

Lifting the top half of her body off of the floor she heard a clanging sound coming from her wrists. Melody squinted and was able to make out that she had metal chains around her wrists and everything began to sink in.

She had been kidnapped.

Abruptly standing to her feet with difficulty Melody tossed her head around looking for some sort of sign of an exit. The brunette pulled at the chains but was stopped due to the length, which left her inches from the door.

"We've tried that already."

Melody jumped at the sound of another voice in the room and yet again squinted to try and make out the figure until suddenly the room was filled with a little bit of light. Setting her eyes on the man in front of her Melody noticed he had dirty blonde hair, beautiful blue eyes and a bit of stubble. He was lay on a bed with his hands behind hi head.

"Who are you?" Melody asked with hesitation in her voice.

"I'm Chris.. Chris Evans. I've been here for a few months now." The man replied sitting up.

"Where are we?"

"This has been the home to me and five other people for long time. We each have a bed to sleep in, the toilet is over there and we get three times a day as well given 3 litres of water each day. These chains are long enough for us to reach the bathroom but not long enough to get out that door." Chris explained. Melody felt the panic rise up and she shook her head.

"I asked were we were-"

"Do you really think I know? We are in a basement in some couples house because they are bonkers." He explained in a annoyed tone. Melody looked down briefly before looking back up ad moving closer to him sitting back in the spot she woke up in.

"Where are the others?" She asked.

"Its the time of the day to, you know." Chris didn't finish the sentence leaving the panic stricken Melody even more confused than she already was. "Do you not know why you are here?" Melody shook her head tears brimming. "The couple, the ones that brought us all here, they.. well they are a bit older and they have no children so, they are using us and whoever gets pregnant first will be trapped here forever and the other two couples will be killed."

"What? They're using us as surrogates and if we don't manage to conceive first they'll kill us?" Melody shouted feeling her chest tighten in fear. The tears that were one brimming are now falling down her cheeks. Chris quickly moved over to her and wiped the tears off of her face before Melody backed away from him. Chris sighed and looked at the scared woman.

"The others, it's the time of the day to have sex to try and get pregnant." Chris explained.

"Why aren't you with them?" Melody questioned. The blue eyed man didn't say anything and slowly everything came together but before she could say anything, the door that she had tried to get to earlier swung open ad revealed four other people.

"Don't eve think about sabotaging if you are pregnant because you know what will happen." Spat the man, who had the same voice as the one when she was kidnapped.

One man had black hair, blue eyes and a very chiselled facial structure, and the girl beside him had dark hair and dark eyes with a olive skin tone. The other guy had brown hair and bright blue eyes with a full beard.

What took Melody by surprise next was the other girl stood in the room with them.

"Rhianna?"

_____

Not sure how I feel about this first chapter but here we go!