Careless Whisper

TW - there are heavy mentions of alcohol in this chapter

~~~~

I spent the rest of the evening relaxing on the couch in my office, sipping hot chocolate and skimming through Most Potente Potions. I had taken off my uncomfortable work outfit and was now wearing a plush blue robe over my undergarments.

I felt myself start to lose focus on the book, so I tossed it to the side and stared at the ceiling, thinking about what I wanted to do. I was so bored, I wished there was someone I could hang out with and get drunk with-

I shot straight up from my position on the couch, suddenly remembering the small flask of vodka I had tucked into my trunk before I left. I rushed over to my trunk, which sat in the corner of the room, and opened it. After sifting through a few things, I found it - a shiny black metal flask full of vodka. Bingo.

I hastily took the cap off and took a large swigs from the flask, wincing slightly as the bitter taste filled my mouth and sent a trail of warmth into my stomach as I swallowed it. As I continued to drink, I started to look around my office a little more, picking up the small decorations and items that caught my eye throughout the room.

On one of the bookshelves I found a radio that had a thick layer of dust on it, indicating that nobody had used it for a while. I twisted the knob on the front until the static sound coming from the speakers faded away and was replaced by Careless Whisper by George Michael.

(Now is when you should press play on the music I have attached at the top, if you want)

The usual silence of the room was now filled with the swell of beautiful saxophone and a deep male voice. I sighed and closed my eyes, lifting the bottle to my lips and swaying my hips gently to the music. I twirled over to the floor length mirror that hung on the wall and admired my figure. I dramatically let my robe slide off my body onto the floor, and continued to dance around the room, feeling the perfect amount of drunk.

I was startled just a bit by a harsh knock at the door, but was too intoxicated to really register who it could be. I stumbled over to the door and threw it open, only to see Snape's stern face right in front of mine.

His stern expression quickly turned to shock, and he spun away from me immediately.

"What is it, Professor?" I asked coyly.

"Do you care to explain to me why you answered the door in your undergarments?" His voice was stone cold and his posture was rigid.

I looked down at myself, and let out a laugh. "Oh yeah, I am, aren't I?" I felt my words start to slur. "Why'd you turn around? Come dance with me, Severus!"

Without thinking, I reached for Snape's hand and tugged on it. Still facing away from me, he snatched it from my grip.

"You're drunk."

I paused. "Just a little," I said.

Even though he was turned away from me, I could hear the disdain in his voice. "I knew I was making a mistake when I hired you, you've been nothing but an annoying nuisance since you got here."

His sharp words brought me partially out of my blissful state, and I frowned. "That's mean."

"Just turn off the music." With that, Snape walked off, leaving nothing but his lingering scent which smelled of gentle smoke, old parchment and sandalwood. I'd never noticed how good he smelled until now.

I stood there, my body tingling and warm, and started to giggle, as I closed the door. "Severus, oh Severus..." I sighed as I fell onto the couch and drifted into a peaceful slumber to the music that I had forgotten to turn off.

I woke up the next morning with a painfully dry throat and a raging headache. It took me a few minutes to recall the events of last night - I couldn't remember all the details, but I remembered enough. I remembered getting drunk, and opening the door for Snape in my undergarments, and him getting upset at me.

Oh my god. I was overwhelmed with humiliation and the sudden desire to die, right then. There was no way I could face Snape after he saw me like that... And there was no doubt in my mind that I was going to be fired. Severus Snape had seen me practically naked. Why had I thought it would be a good idea to get drunk?

I took a hot shower and desperately tried to cover up the fact that I was hungover, feeling an increasing swell of dread in the pit of my stomach. This day was certainly going to be interesting.