Chapter 1: To The Hunter Exam

“Are you sure you want to come with me, darling? I can assure you that I’ll pass this year, and Illumi is coming along as well.” Hisoka says trying to convince me to stay home.

“No, I’m coming with you whether you like it or not. I don’t believe you can control yourself, also I wouldn’t be coming with you if you had passed last year. So I’m coming with.” I end with a sweet smile. “And what is Illumi gonna do, he couldn’t care less if anyone died. So he’s not gonna stop you.” I deadpan grabbing a bag and packing it full of snacks and water.

"But what about the baby. I couldn't live with myself knowing that something happened to either of you while in my presence," he said continued to try to convince me to stay home.

"Hiso-chan you know just as well as I do that I can take care of myself. If it'll make you feel better I'll use ko around my stomach then we're around others. I'm more than likely going to stick around you and Illu-chan anyway. We both know he's as protective of me as you are. He sees me as an older sister. Now shut up and let’s go. I know you at least want to be within the first hundreds."

He sighs giving up knowing he can't convince me. "Fine then."

He grasps my hand and we leave out the not, not before locking it and putting a nen seal over it.

"You say you're coming to keep me in check, but you coming along only increase the odds of me attacking."

"I know, but I would rather you pass this year. I can tell you're slightly pissed about not passing last year.

"Indeed, but it will be fine. Let’s go darling." he kisses my cheek and we make our way to Zaban City.

~Le Time Skip~

Hisoka and I step out of the elevator and look around at a musky cave. I would honestly go into more depth but I'm more concerned about relieving my bladder. A small, bald green bean-looking man walked towards the two of us. "Hello there, these are your badges, make sure not lose them." he hands each of us a small circle with a number on it, Hisoka's having '44' on it and mine saying '45.' He then starts to walk away.

"Hey wait! Is there a restroom around here I can use?"

"Why yes there is. Would you so kindly follow me."

"I'll be back in a few minutes. Don't kill anyone." I say handing Hisoka my bag and quickly following the green bean man.

Mr. Greenbean leads me to the restroom, I finish my business and go to find Hiso-chan. I'm back in the main area and see that more people have arrived. "Hello there." I hear from behind me and I turn around and see a short boxed-nosed guy. "This must be your first time taking the exam?"

"It is, and even so what is it to you big nose," I say looking at him from the corner of my eye.

"I’m just trying to make new friends. I usually help out all the newcomers. This is my 35th attempt after all." he points his thumb at himself with a boastful smile.

"That's not something to brag about you dunce. Most people would've given up after the 5th try, hell I'll give them to the 10th. Most people know their limits and know what they're capable of. Failure breaks them and they give up, but 35 times? You have an ulterior motive. So what is it?" I can visibly see him start to sweat.

“I’m here to pass the exam like you. I guess I’m just more determined than other people. If you need any help feel free to ask. Also here, have this.” He reaches into his bag, pulls out an orange juice, and thrusts it in my direction. “To show I mean no harm, here’s a drink, it’s o show our friendship.”

I scowl at him, “No person in their right mind would take a drink from a man that looks like he lives in a basement and smells like corn chips Now you have three seconds to get the hell outta my face before I decapitate you.” I seethed through my teeth, looking down at him with a harsh glare.

He trips on his own feet trying to get away from me in fear. I feel Hisoka wrap his arm around my waist as his comforting smell engulfs me, immediately calming my nerves from the boxed-nosed idiot. “what’s wrong my love? I could feel your bloodlust across the room. Is there someone I need to kill?” He whispers in my ear. I turn around in his hold and bury my face in his chest and wrap my arms around the waist that even makes me jealous.

“No, it's fine, that short, round, blueberry bitch was bothering me, I think it's just my hormones getting the best of me though,” I whine at him, but it comes out muffled.  

He pulled me away from his, and I look up at him pouting until I see a sour candy in his hand. I smile taking it from him and happily nom on it. He takes my hand and leads me to towards a wall that he leans again and I have a seat at.

~le Time Skippy~

We’ve been here about a day now and I’ve eaten 1/5 of the snacks I brought in my bottomless bag. “It should be starting soon, shouldn’t it? I saw Illu-chan but didn’t get the chance to talk to him because of his disguise.” I said starting to get up only for Hisoka to grab my hand and help me up.

“Give it about half an hour, it’ll start soon.” He said

“Alright, let's walk a bit. I need to stretch my legs.” I walked a bit ahead of him.

After a bit, we stopped somewhere in the middle of the room so I could stop and pull out one of the small pastries that Hisoka bought for me a while ago and would really help my sweet craving right now. I finally get it out of my bag, opening it only for it to be knocked out of my hand as someone bumped into me causing me to growl in anger. I look up and see a bald fucker with a purple cape and stupid shoulder guards. Hisoka hearing this looks up and gets a glint in his eye, and before I can do anything about the cake disrespecter, he was already screaming in agony as his arms turn into flower petals. Me not feeling any remorse, since he was being a dick by not apologizing.

“My how unusual. Seems this poor man’s arms have turned into flower petals. Now you see them. Now you don’t. You should be more careful. And do apologize if you bump into someone." Hisoka says staring with their expressions changing from face to face.

Not much after an annoying bell sounds and a wall start to move, revealing a path behind it and a man with lavender hair, blue slanted eyes, and a mustache but no mouth, making me wonder how exactly did he eat, and he was clad in a purple suit and red tie. He then began to speak, "I apologize for the delay, thank you for waiting."The entry for hunter applicants is officially closed. So with no further ado, the hunter exam will now begin. One final word of caution, death is another distinct possibility. If you are willing to accept the risks involved, I'll ask you to follow me now. But for the rest of you, kindly exit through the elevator located behind you." No one moved. "Right then, very well. All 404 applicants will participate in Phase 1." He then turns around and starts walking down the path he originally came from in a very robotic way, everyone following behind him.

He then starts to pick up the pace, "How rude of me, I neglected to introduce myself. I am Satoz, your examiner for the 1st phase of the exam. It is my responsibility to lead you all to the 2nd phase."

"Second phase? What about the first?" Someone speaks aloud.

"The first phase is already underway. It's quite simple. All you have to do is follow me to the 2nd phase. So try to keep up."