𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑻𝑨𝑳𝑳

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

hey guys! this is long overdue I know, but I work at a costume shop and had midterms for college, so things got very hectic once the middle of october hit! this is not editing, I apologize, but this one has work in the morning and wants some kind of sleep before going in haha. anyways, thank you so much for reading. it really means the world to me that ya'll were so invested in darlene and her adventure throughout being thrown into a world of literal chaos. before I get too emotional and ramble, do not fear I am writing another book! it's not really a squeal or a prequel , but it will be an owen patrick joyner fic! we're going to follow florence as she takes on the role of darlene and room with two of our three lovely main leads, charlie and owen! it's called wonder and hopefully chapter one should be posted in the next few days. hope you all enjoy the end of this journey and are possibly excited for the next one!

Darlene really needs to learn how to conceal her pain better.

She had been sitting on the boys old couch, nearly snuggled into the arm and cushions with half lidded eyes. Talking to a ghoul that doesn't need sleep through the early mornings really put a damper on her sleeping schedule. She had been too ecstatic that things were patched up between the two of them and it clouded her judgement on when to kick him out of her room. Luke had spent the night after clearing things up in the cemetery and Darlene had flushed cheeks throughout the night as the boy had taken to lounging on her bed without a care in the world. Now, she understood what Julie meant when she warned them about boundaries. Even if she wasn't able to catch an appropriate amount of sleep, laying across Luke's lap or resting her head on his shoulder was enough to get her past the lack of sleep.

She had learned very early on that Luke was an affectionate person, she knew this from how quickly the boy had taken to her when they first met. It was still startling when she could return home from school and find him already propped against her pillow with her old journals in hand, the book tossed aside the moment she stepped into the room and arms were spread wide open. She would merely quirk her eyebrow before his puffy lips only jutted out more with every second that passed before she groaned and found herself collapsing onto the bed. Of course, that still wasn't satisfactory and she would have strong arms scooping around her body and pulling her back into his own. Her cheek would be squished against his shoulder, the bare skin that peaked out from his muscle shirt always made her blush when it brushed against her own. She would always wake up from a small nap that he always unconsciously lulled her into with a red cheek from the fabric of his shirt.