Chapter 9 - Regrets

-
ᴊᴜʟʏ 27ᴛʜ, 20 ᴅᴀʏꜱ ʟᴇꜰᴛ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ: ???
-

...

Waking up and having no idea where anyone of his friends where even at, Akira stared at the dusty ceiling quietly while lying on his bed in the attic of the old Cafe. There was not a single sign of the cat as well, so he was all alone once again in LeBlanc.

He turned to his side and let out a sigh before closing his still tired eyes. It seemed like Morgana was watching him way too closely lately, but all of a sudden the cat started to avoid him? It was quite confusing, but he figured he was probably just overthinking.

Continuing to think about a variety of things, he found himself back at that one night about a week ago; Not a very pleasant night. The despair he felt there gave him a shudder down his spine everytime he thought of it, but that wasn't everything at all.
Of course it wasn't just the despair that made him feel so troubled, it was all the lost opportunities he missed, all the lost things he can't get back.

But the dark haired boy just turned to the other side, trying to think about other stuff instead of all these bad things, that didn't work very well though. Giving out another sigh that soon faded within the quiet noise of his breath, Akira decided to just get up instead of continuing to overthink.

In the end though, he ended up just falling back to sleep. He was tired.
Not just physically.

----------------

Meanwhile that happened, the rest of the group was already wide awake. They had to be prepared for the next days where they would really infiltrate the palace after all, there wasn't time to just sleep the whole day away.
All of them were full of determination to pull this off, each and every one of the gang.

They all put even more effort into their actions of their everyday lifes. But even though they were entirely sure about what they were about to do, they seemed quite nervous. Not like it affected them much though.

Everybody just did their own stuff, and since the former Detective couldn't, he went on a walk. Marching his way down the city in his usual black hoodie he used to hide from the society, Akechi looked around the shops again.

"Tsk.. Everytime the same stuff."

He turned away from the shops and walked around for a bit longer. Thinking back to all the things they've been through, wishing he could just walk up to him and fix things, but as if it were ever that easy.

Akechi sighed and turned the hood a bit more over his head, walking around with nowhere to go, hoping he could get back what he lost oh so long ago. He then dissappeared into the alleyways and headed back to his abandoned apartment he has been using for the past months, always hiding from the people near and letting nobody close.

Lying down on the bed of his apartment, that's somehow always been empty with not even one person checking, he yawned quietly. He stared around the room, lying there awake for a while. Soon getting tired of boredom though, he closed his eyes and continued to think about the past;

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘯𝘰𝘸.