Chapter 15 - Lies And Truths

-

Everyone seemed under pressure as they stated one statement after the other. They hated having to lie to their own teammates, it was especially hard to even come up with something to say.

The lies created conflicts between the team, but they knew that it was just set up. They didn't want to give in to this game, so they continued with the lies and truths; Everyone trying their best to be convincing.

Then, after a while, it felt like the air became suffocating. Maybe it was the pressure everyone had, but it certainly wasn't good. They just now realized how hard it had gotten to breathe between all these lies being told.

"We need to find out what is true and what is not already!" Mona then yelled, trying to get their attention back to the game. Everyone agreed with a nod before then getting back to uncovering the truth of their conversation.

With a little bit of luck, they eventually figured out all the lies and all the truths after a long time.
Some let out a sigh of relief, while others were smiling happily as the sound of a door unlocking was going through the room.

It must have been a great feeling now that they finally finished this "game".
Walking out of the room, they looked at each other again. It was so exhausting and difficult to get this far, but they still somehow managed, and that gave them a feeling of success.

Even though some things were still a slight mystery to the group, they felt like they kinda understood it better now that they finished the 5 rounds.
The shadows they kept finding were the personas their leader collected, that was pretty clear already. They were sure they've seen every persona he had used so far, except his main one.

They quietly walked to the main hall,
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘦 they were guided to some time ago. And behind that stage, the Phantom Thieves found a door. It was locked last time they were there, but they could open it now.

And just as expected, behind that door was the treasure. They stared at it for a while; it looked just like it did in every other palace, but for some reason it just didn't feel like it would usually.
But they achieved what they wanted, so they left.

Coming home, everyone discussed in the chat that they would send the calling card after they were all prepared. They actually really didn't want to wait that long, but they decided to send it on the 14th.

They knew it was risky to make it that close to the deadline, but it means that they had the 15th to steal the treasure then. Exact one day before the 16th, the day the deadline would really arrive.

Nobody of them had the sufficient proof to say what 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 happen if they couldn't make it in time, but they were able to imagine.

It was the reason why they were so anxious about the whole situation, the great fear of failure. If they really were to screw up... it would mean his 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝. That's what they figured would happen, and that was why they were so determined. They won't screw this up, they'll get him back.

𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺'𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘶𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵.