Chapter 14 - The Final Round

-
ᴀᴜɢᴜꜱᴛ 11ᴛʜ, 5 ᴅᴀʏꜱ ʟᴇꜰᴛ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ: ...
-

Finally, they've come to the last round of the tiring game they've been playing. The days passed quicker than expected, so they had to get this done as soon as possible.
The thieves looked as anxious as ever as they proceeded through the palace; the deadline kept coming closer and closer while some secrets still haven't been revealed. But there just wasn't time.

Opening the door of the room, they looked around to see what kind of round the last one would be. To their surprise although, the room was empty. They decided to investigate it, but as soon as one of them moved their feet, the lights went off once more.

"Wha- again!?" Panther yelped out while Oracle searched for a light switch or something of the kind. "Hm... We're not going to come to any progress if you keep setting these traps off." Fox said calmly in the darkness, but it was obvious he was looking at Skull, who also noticed that. "Why are you blaming me?!"
"Can we 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 just continue?" Crow sighed as he watched the orange haired girl fixing the lights.

After some time the lights came back, and as usual; the door was locked again. They also found a note on the table again, but the rest of the room still looked like it did before.
This time it was Queen's turn to read the instructions "To win the final round---" she started to read, but it seemed like the rest of the paper was cut off.

"Huh? Does this mean we're locked in here--?" Noir then said with a bit of nervousness in her voice while the rest locked eyes again. "...I doubt that." Oracle said as she looked to the worried empress; "There's just a piece missing."

When she said that, the silence returned again. Nobody had seen a piece of paper after all... Except in the basement. But only Crow had went there, and if he were to speak up now they'd find out he went into the the palace alone. But since it didn't matter anymore anyways he decided to tell them.

"A letter?" Mona asked as he took it from the Black Mask and tried putting it together with the torn instructions paper. It still didn't make a lot of sense since some words were burned away, but they still had the feeling like it was some kind of progress.

After some time of analyzing, they then found out one simple short sentence;
"To win the final round, 𝙡𝙞𝙚."
Of course they couldn't find out what the other words were supposed to mean... But they just had to go with what they found out.

The chariot looked over to Oracle, who figured out the sentence, again; "So we have to lie to get outta here?"
But she remained silent to that question, since she wasn't sure.
The Thieves then looked at each other again. What was that even supposed to mean? What were they supposed to lie about?

Then although, the girl spoke up again; "I doubt saying something that's obviously a lie will get us to win... I think we need to tell a convincing one...!"
Looking around at the others and their faces everyone nodded.

"𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘐 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘪𝘵... 𝘞𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴!"