Chapter 5 - Emolga

- Drawing done by me (UniBrine). Thank you for reading ^^.

The fog slowly disappears as they near a river after leaving the weird small town, a long bridge can suddenly be seen as the sky darkens and gets cloudy. Emolga was standing in the middle of the bridge. Victini slowly approaches her, Oshawott and Whimsicott following right behind. Victini and Emolga start to argue about the cost of Emolga's action. Emolga gets annoyed and suddenly Lampents surround the pokemon, Oshawott and Whimsicott pushed back by the surrounding pokemon.

Victini, surprised, asks Emolga what's going on. She responds with Victini's desire to avenge the trainer by fighting her. Victini goes silent and slowly walks towards Emolga. Emolga, confused, takes off to the sky and Victini follows. As they engage into a night fight, a storm roars through, powering up Emolga's attacks. Victini couldn't get up as high due to his injured wings from their last fight. While the fight continues in the night sky, Oshawott and Whimsicott manage to take most of the Lampents out and think of a way to help Victini. Oshawott decides to use the storm as a water source to try and get as high as the fighting pokemons. Victini notices what they were trying to do and tries to lure Emolga into them by attacking. As the two flying pokemons get near the water tower created by Oshawott, Victini pushes Emolga directly into it. Oshawott then Slashes her with sharp forms of water, then throws Whimsicott high in the air to jump at Emolga as they take her down to the ground. Right when touching the ground, Emolga unleashes an electric shockwave, pushing Oshawott, Whimsicott, and the Lampents away. Victini lands on the ground and throws a gigantic V fire attack at Emolga while avoiding the shockwave.

As the battle ends, Victini grabs an iron bar, which was cut from the electric attacks, puts a foot on Emolga and points the iron bar at her stomach, looking enraged. As he is about to kill Emolga, he looks at Oshawott and Whimsicott with a big smile, but they weren't smiling; they were horrified by this final move. Victini's ears start to glow bright red as he finally remembers how Emolga was towards Victini when the trainer was still alive. They were friends, they would go on adventures together and Emolga would be calm with Victini being the favorite until she was used for only fights... Victini puts the iron bar on the ground and helps Emolga get back up. From the emotions, Victini hugs Emolga. However, Emolga slowly picks up the iron bar and stabs Victini while Whimsicott and Oshawott rush at them. Emolga creates another shockwave right as she stabs him.

 Emolga looks at the lifeless Victini and then at the two other pokemons before slowly walking away as not a single pokemon tries to approach her anymore, not even the Lampents were to try. When Emolga reaches the end of the bridge, Whimsicott rushes to Victini to try to save him while Oshawott is looking down at him in terror.

Victini is in a dark place, colors appearing with every step he takes, after looking around for a moment, a pokémon appears in front of him. He introduces himself as Jirachi and claps his little hands while telling how Victini was very brave and did the right thing that spared Emolga in the end. Victini didn't understand what was going on but knew that something went wrong if he was there...

Jirachi explains that he is between life and death, but as a legendary pokémon, he has the ability to make a wish. Jirachi then explains that because he is there, doesn't mean he is not going to die if he doesn't wish to live... Victini then sits on what appears to be water and thinks, Jirachi sitting slowly next to him. The wish pokémon then decides to break the awkward silence by saying that Whimsicott and Oshawott are fine, because Emolga has decided to leave right after taking Victini down, but that doesn't reassure Victini... after what seemed hours, Victini finally talks : "I don't want to make a wish yet". Jirachi nods and walks away. The dark world around Victini then disappears.

He wakes up in the middle of the night in a soft bed in a pokémon center, a huge bandage covering his belly. He wasn't able to move his arms or feet, but he saw his friends Whimsicott and Oshawott sleeping on small chairs. He was alive. Victini then watches the two pokémons. He decides to go back to sleep with a little smile on his face.