Chapter 15:Handkerchiefs and Veggies

Alex Pov
I watched in astonishment as my best friends jaw legit dropped to the floor.
"What the fuck are you playing at"my eyebrows arched as I threw out my hand in mock frustration."in your mind you must think these little trick has us in your tiny scrawny digits"I wriggled my fingers which I had unclad from Selena's neck.
"Drew,i don't really think she's an imposter"selenas small voice drew me out of my daze; something felt off about the whole situation.
"And how would you know that"I asked my eyebrows rising in question to the brown eyed beauty who was minutes ago wrapped in my arms.
"Just a gut feeling,i fell it here"she pointed at her stomach causing a partly shocked Randy to let out a muffled laugh
"Really dude,this is a serious matter,why the fuck are you giggling like a school girl"Nick snapped at my best friend who in turn flashed back to his serious mode.
"H-How about w-we all go inside and have s-some cake,And u-hu Jude meet my family"Elena who was usually not saying anything spoke up while introducting a younger guy to my furious looking brother
"Shut the fuck up and get back inside"he spoke harshly to his shaky wife who scurried away "Thanks for getting her home"Mike angrily turned to the driver who was shaking in his shoes.He fished out his wallet and dipped out some dollar notes for the younger man who eagerly collected it and took to his heels.
Asshole
"Let's all go in and get something to eat,you guys might want to hear her speak before judging her"the woman in front of me said turning around and dragging five 6"plus men into the parlour of the first building.
"This bullshit's gotta stop, get to the point Smith and explain your fucking self"I yelled causing all the ladies in the room to flinch back.
"How about you say something,we all have important things to take care of"Mike impatiently tapped his feet again the sky blue tie on the floor.
"I'll say I need to work but truth be told,i have nothing to do and it's been pretty long since i saw Jane so I'll like to stare at her for a few before she starts talking"Nick surprisingly cracked a joke.Randy,Mike and I gaped at him since it was strange seeing him talk in front of other people,his loudness was usually reserved for us.
"They said they would take my baby from me"a stray tear slipped out of her eye
"They wanted to kill her-no they came into my hospital room and carried her,my babies cry of help woke me up,they were going to fucking kill my child,did you expect me to stay and sit still"she blew her nose with the handkerchief that Nick gave her
"They decided to spare my babies life and instead to plan my death and come work for them-as a sex slave,the worst of all things .I thought I had to live the rest of my life in that pig hole but I was wrong"her chest rising and fallen.
"Elena please pass us some water,i think she's hyperventilating"Selena's yelled to the other woman at the side of the room.
"Breath through your nose,common,exhale through your mouth that's right,its gonna be all good baby.Think About your baby yes breath"Nick who was before her within a flash was trying everything possible to calm the anxious woman.
He hugged her and cradled her in his arms "you believe me right"she spoke into Nick's chest as he held her tightly.
"Of course I do,you're my Barbie doll"he spoke softly into her hair.Nick and Jane were friends,actually we all are,we met at a conference while still in college.
Randy who had been sorted all these while stood and came closer to where we all were standing behind the sofa
Randy who has been silently listening to the whole interaction got on his feet and walked towards us
"Im sorry Randy,im really sorry"she was crying profusely now simultaeneously wiping her dripping nose and eyes.
"And sorry is supposed to cut it huh,you left me,you left kate,you didn't give her a chance to know her own mother.Do'nt come her and play the victim 'cause that shit doesnt work on me.You had time,you had a choice..... You could have told me...... what am i even saying"his face was so emotionless it scared the shit out of me since Randy was always playful.
"And you come back after Five fucking years,it doesnt work like that"he turned on his heels and gingerly left her standing.
"People throw jokes like these at all,so we all dont trust people like that"i started scratching the nape of my neck,i dindnt exactly know how well to comfort her.First we thought she was a scam and next Randy wasnt trying to understand her.
Im sure drew is trying to say is"Nick placed his hand on my shoulder "that he is sorry"i nodded in response,from the side of my eyes,i saw selena walk out of the living area.
"Mike can i talk to elena for a second,and dont ask why i need permission seeing as you went all haywire on the dude that conveyed them.
"Fuck you dude,i was just not in the mood for her bullshit"he looked away from his innocent wife who was
Busy rummaging through some veggies.
"Huh,elena"her eyes instantly flew to Mike who was not exactly looking delighted.
"Im guessing you people broke out"she nodded and looked towards Mike again
"Bro,could you let me talk to Her alone,you are scaring her shitless"i slapped him on the back
"Am i?"he asked and she in turn shook her head "no"
"See,good girl"he slapped her butt and walked away
"Dude,just 'cause you have a wife doesn't mean you need to show off all the damn time"i yelled as he was now exiting the living quaters.I looked at Elena who looked was in a daze.
I snapped my fingers bringing her right back from wonderland
"So,tell me how did you escape"i asked
She contemplated for a minute "so..............."