Chapter 3

Alrighty lets get to it.

Jack: Thanks, please come again.

Bun Bun!

The next day rolled by with the similar routine as usual with Jack and Buneary at work. They haven't seen anything interesting yet since all they've been doing was selling products to Pokémon trainers.

Jack: *sigh* Just one more hour and we'll be home free and with a paycheck Buneary.

Bun bun!

Jack: Hehe glad we at least want to go home and relax. Lets finish off the hour and get this done.

Soon Jack's shift started to come to an end and decided to clean the counter before clocking out. Buneary decided to walk around and check out the place since she doesn't leave the registry at all. That's when she started noticing someone was at the far back of the store shifting and moving constantly. She raised a brow and walked over there slowly until she saw a trainer grabbing full restores and placing them in a backpack.

Bun!

???: Eh?

The trainer stood up and smirked at the small Pokémon as he took out a pokeball and a Linoone appeared next to him.

???: Well I guess this won't be a problem if it's this tiny thing.

Jack: Buneary attack him!

The trainer turned around to see Jack blocking the other side of the aisle. Suddenly the rabbit Pokémon slammed her foot at Linoone and made her way towards Jack and got ready to attack again.

???: Linoone use headbutt!

Jack: Buneary attack Linoone again!

Buneary!

The rabbit Pokémon dodged the attack and smashed her foot on Linoone. The other trainer smirked and used one of the full restores on Linoone.

???: Heh looks like your Buneary only knows pound. This should be easy.

Jack: So that's the name of her move. Buneary get ready to counter their attacks.

???: Linoone use rock smash!

Buneary didn't react quick enough and the move connected, sending her towards Jack and both smashed towards a shelf, knocking over more shelves behind as if they were dominos. The two thieves took their chance to escape leaving nothing behind. The other two groaned from the pain and slowly got up.

Boss: What the hell happen here!?

Jack: Boss! There was a thief stealing a couple of full restores and we tried to stop him but-

Boss: Do you really think I would worry about a couple of full restores!? Look at the place now! Now more than half of the healing products are mashed, destroyed!

Jack: Sorry boss, it won't happen again. I'll start cleaning up the place.

Boss: Oh it won't happen again. *hands Jack his check* You're fired.

The teen widened his eyes and had no words. He slowly grabbed his paycheck and walked out of the building, tossing away his name badge. Buneary followed behind him slowly as she was feeling bad about the situation she put him in. Soon they arrived back home and the long haired teen sat at the couch at stood there staring at the ceiling. Buneary sat next to him and had a worry look on her face as she didn't know what the human was thinking. All he did was sigh at the thought of the boss firing him but decided to try to forget bit by going to the kitchen and grabbing a few snacks while finding a channel to watch on tv. Buneary went to get some rawst berries until she couldn't find any. She tried looking around the kitchen including the freezer for some reason. She hunched over as she couldn't find any at all and went back to the couch while she waited for Jack to finish up snack hording. The rabbit pokémon looked through the window and noticed something in the distance which looked like berries growing out of a crack. She brightened up and jumped on the couch to get a better view.

Jack: Don't jump on the couch buneary.

Bun...

The rabbit pokémon scowled and threw a fit until she realized she can sneak out quickly and get the berries before Jack notices she's gone. Buneary slowly got off the couch and jumped towards the window and tried to lift it up until she realized that the lock was on so she hopped up and switch it open in a split second before lifting the window up again. She successfully got outside and started making her way towards the plant and looked both ways for any cars coming and got near the plant to take a whiff at it. She sighed happily and grabbed a pecha berry and made a sour look as she didn't like the flavor and threw it aside. She started looking for the rawst berries. Little did she notice that three pokémon were behind her noticing the berries on the floor and some were chewed up already. Three Houndours, angry looking and ready to attack whoever was destroying their berries. They noticed Buneary taking some of the rawst berries. They're not very pleasing to eat but the other berries were important. The rabbit pokémon heard their growls and turned around and was already surrounded by the three Houndours. Suddenly one of them went in with a bite but Buneary dodged it and used pound and sent the houndour away. The rabbit pokémon took a step back and smirked as she thought this would be easy until the other two Houndours sneaked behind her and got ahold of her by using bite. That's when things started falling apart as the other Houndour used ember on Buneary. Pain was all Buneary thought, her second thought is that Jack won't even know where she is at nor care to look. Just then her savior came around and wacked one of the houndours with a stick and grabbed ahold of Buneary.

Bun!

Jack: What gave you the idea that going outside by yourself was a smart decision!?

Buneary started to frown and feel bad until Jack hugged her tightly and glared at the three Houndours approaching them slowly. Buneary started to glare at them and started to glow red and got off of Jack.

Jack: A new move?

*nods and smiles* Buneary!

Jack: Lets get to it the, Buneary use pound!

[Minutes later]

The two were hanging out on the couch, Jack wearing bandage wrapping over his right forearm and some clear cream over his other arm while eating some gummy bears. Buneary on the other hand was wearing bandage wrapping on her left ear and another one on her left arm as well while she was eating a rawst berry but more slowly this time as both were watching tv. A few seconds later Jack switched the channels and stumbled upon the news again about the Pokémon league.

Malva: Good evening and tonight we bring you with news from the Pokemon league. Now the league isn't open until next year but now's your chance to apply for a trainers license!

The two couch potatoes slowly looked at each other and back at the tv then at each other once again. All it takes is about a month of living together to finally realize what they have to do and that's when the real adventure was just about to begin.

Allllriiiiight here we go ladies and gentlemen and other beings that don't go by those, next chapter will be the start of their adventure! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a nice night! :3