Dad?

Sirius P.O.V

I was yelling at Dumbledore about how he just sat to the side and watched as I suffered in Azkaban all those years when suddenly, the door slammed open, and a little girl walked inside. "Hey, Albus, I'm bored, can you entertain me please, oh and Hello Mister, the names Black, Y/N, Black...... okay never mind that sounded better in my head. Oh, and this is Padfoot" Did this little girl just call Dumbledore by his first name......Wait did she say her name was Y/N Black, as in my Y/N, and she still has her stuffed dog, and the stuffed dog's name is Padfoot. I am staring at my daughter. My precious daughter who I only found out about after I was thrown into Azkaban is right in front of me. For those of you who don't know Y/N was born September 30, 1982. Almost a year after, well after you know what happened. ".... oh, and you didn't even realize when I snuck out of Hogwarts and went all the way to London to get to the Ministry of Magic." What!!! My daughter who is in the "safest" place in the world managed to get to London and back without anyone noticing that she was gone.

 Oh, Merlin, help me I will kill Dumbledore. Okay, I need to calm down. "Are you okay Mister, do you want to hug Padfoot? I always hug Padfoot when I feel sad, or mad, or happy. It helps." I look down and I see that my daughter made her way over to me without me noticing. So much for my animagus senses, I didn't even hear her coming. Without realizing it I start smiling at her. But before I can answer she gives me her stuffed Padfoot and says, "Or this always makes Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Draco laugh." Again, before I can respond my daughter disappears and in her place is a small black puppy with grey eyes. The puppy turns its head to the side and sticks its tongue out. I could not help but laugh at her antics.

"She is very much like you Sirius, McGonagall, always says that she gives you a run for your money. And it is very much true. She does not yet attend this school and she already has teachers who are wary of her." I hear Dumbledore speak up from behind me as I watch the puppy trip over its paws. I watch as my daughter changes back to her human form. "See that always makes people happy." I realize that she is talking about the smile on my face. And for the first time since she got here, I spoke, "Yes you did bring a smile to my face Y/N, and so did Padfoot. Although it was for a very different reason." She looks at me confused, so I go on "Y/N have you ever wondered about where your parents are" I ask her. "Well, Mister...I still don't know your name. I don't care too much about who my mother is, well I suppose that's because, according to McGonagall, I am a daddy's girl. But I want to see my dad. That is the reason I went to the Ministry of Magic. Because I thought that they could tell me who my dad is and where I can find him. And so, I can ask him why he left me." As I listen to her say that it makes me even more furious at the Ministry of Magic for sending me to Azkaban without a trial, and at Dumbledore, knew that Lily and James switched secret keepers, and stood aside and watched me root in Azkaban when I should have been free.

 Been free to raise my precious daughter Y/N and my godson, Harry. "Y/N look at me please" I knelt so I could look her in the eyes, "Believe me when I say that it was never my intention to leave you alone all these years. There was someplace I had to be, and I could not leave no matter how badly I wanted to come home to you. I promise you I will never leave you again. And you won't have to stay at Hogwarts during the summer anymore, we will have a lot of fun at home, me, you, and Harry." I could see the tears forming in her eyes as I was talking. Y/N started to tremble and let out a sob. "Daddy?" She dropped Padfoot on the floor and jumped into my waiting arms. The warmth of my little one was one of the best feelings ever. Right then and there I promised myself that I would do anything to make sure that Y/N and Harry would have the best life possible. "Y/N I am going to have to ask you to leave right now me and your father still have some very important things to talk about right now." I inwardly groan as I hear Dumbledore's voice, however, Y/N makes no move to let go of me, so I pick her up and hold her in a more comfortable position. I also lean over and pick up her Padfoot from the floor. I could feel Dumbledore's eyes on me as I moved to sit down in one of the chairs. Y/N still in my arms not letting me go. Y/N then speaks up "No, I am not letting my dad go. I am staying here." Y/N tightens her hold on me and buries her head in my chest.

Y/N P.O.V

My dad, this man is my dad. My dad. Mine. Oh, I can't wait to tell Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Draco. I am so happy. Dumbledore starts talking to my dad again, but I am not paying attention to what they are saying. All I can think about is being in my dad's arms like I have always dreamed of. Suddenly, my dad stands up again "Well Albus I am afraid that it is time for me to go now, I have other business to attend to" hearing my dad say these words made my grip on him tighten. I did not want to leave my dad. "Very well then, it was good to see you, Sirius. Y/N please let go of Sirius so he can go now. You will see him again." I was just about to tell Dumbledore that he was out of his mind if he thinks that I am going to let my dad go when "No Albus I don't think you understood me when I said that. I have no intention of leaving Y/N here anymore. She will be coming home with me, and we shall be picking up Harry once the school year ends. Good day" Before Dumbledore can respond dad is already out of the door. I am very comfortable in dad's arms. I think this is my new safe place. "Dad, where are we going," I asked since I did not recognize where we were. "Home Y/N, home. Now I am going to apparate okay, you might feel a little queasy at first." I was just about to ask when he meant when suddenly, we disappeared. When I looked up there was a ginormous house in front of me, I could not believe it. That was my home. "Y/N I love you pup, but my arms are getting tired. I am going to have to let you down alright." Dad lets me down on the ground and gives me Padfoot, however, I immediately grab his arm. Wait a minute, "Dad if this is our home then why did you apparate outside of the house and not inside of the house." I look up and see a smirk on my dad's face "I wanted to see your reaction. Although I do believe that your reaction upon seeing the inside of the house will also be very entertaining." That only made me even more excited to get inside the house, so I started to run pulling my dad behind me "Well come on then, let's go. I want to see the inside. I wonder if there is a library. Because if there is I want to see if there are any books on dragons. Did you know that Dragons are so cool?" I all heard chuckling from behind me. Oh, I can't wait, Harry is going to love it here.