"The Unmistakeable Hardships of Being a Girl"

As (Y/n) shot up from bed, sweating and half asleep, she found discomfort in the most familiar way. Not only did she find that her freshly changed sheets were going to need bleached, but also that she was going to simply stop being a female. You see, the best part of being a girl is waking up covered in blood. And here was the poor (h/c) girl who had to go through it.

    "Why were you so late to meet me today?" Worried Stan, who had been patiently waiting about 30 minutes for (Y/n) to show up. Sheepishly, the girl brought her hand to the plan of her other, digging her nails in. "It's nothing, really, just not feeling the best." She chuckled awkwardly at her white lie.
"Are you lying to me? For real?" Stan questioned.
"Of course not!"
"Just tell me (N/n)"
"I started my period. Ok?"
Stan kept a straight, put together posture for a little while, remaining silent. "You wanna go get ice cream?" He then spoke. (Y/n) smiled, "Can you- never mind." The girl mumbled quickly. 'He can't carry you fat ass. You'd snap him in half!' Laughed the small voice in her head.
"Can I what?" Stan asked, mocking (Y/n)'s higher pitched voice. He laughed and she looked down. "It's nothing." She said lightly. "You sure?" He checked. "Yeah. I said I'm fine so drop it please. Thank you." (Y/n) said harshly. Stan's once playful smile turned into a light frown when she said that.
However, they continued walking in a perfect silence that sat on the pairs shoulders like a the weight of a house.

They got to the ice cream parlor and (Y/n) was debating eating anything. She decided that she'd get whatever she wanted because she's confident in how she looks and she really likes ice cream. "Hello! How can I help you and this beautiful lady today?" The cashier asked with a bright smile. (Y/n) felt herself smile widely at his complement, while Stan scowled at him. "Ladies first." Stan said, smiling over at (Y/n) she returned the smile until a cramp hit her hard. "I'll have a double scoop of Rocky Road with whipped cream. Stanny, you want the same right? We usually get the same." Asked the girl, hand over the area where she was cramping up. Stan saw that she was wincing, and held her hand, squeezing it a little bit. "Yeah. So just two of those." He said, looking at the cashier. The cashier was still starring at (Y/n) after placing she and Stan had received their ice cream. (Y/n) lapped at it, devouring it.

(Y/n), who was in a much better mood, smiled at Stan, who simply ignored her. He was a little upset that she snapped on him for no reason. Who does that anyways?

      (Y/n) noticed and frowned. "What's wrong Stanny?"
"Why'd you snap at me?" He asked in a little voice
Her whole face softened and she pulled him into a hug.
"I didn't mean to snap. It wasn't you, it was me." She explains. When Stan pulls away, his whole face lights up, looking at the (h/c) girl. She smiles back at him. They continue to walk and Stan drops her off at home.

    As (y/n) lays in bed, bored out of her mind, she sees a message notification.

Richie 🤣👓:  Come outside
(Y/n): For what?
          Read 8:45

    (Y/n) slips into a pair of black ripped jeans and an oversized sweater. "Mom! I'm leaving!" She yells. "Ok! Be back soon, you have school tomorrow." "I will." The girl replied as she ran outside to catch up with Richie.

      "Hey hot stuff." Richie grins with a goofy expression. He's sitting in his car, window down, cigarette in hand. "Hey, what's up?" Asked the confused girl. "Hop in, I have something to show you." He says. (Y/n) complies and slides into the passenger seat. The car starts and Richie puts on an older, beat up tape that reads "R.T". The music starts, the first song being from The 1975.

     The car parks by the train tracks and now it's completely silent. "Trying to murder me Tozier?"
"I'd never dream of it."
"Where are we going?"
"Shhhh! Just follow me."
Richie grabs her hand and they end up in the middle of a field. He pulls out a blanket and lays it on the grass, then laying down. (Y/n) looks at him for a second, questioningly.  Richie pulls her down and she looks up.

"Wow..." mumbles the (h/c) girl. The sky above her is filled with nothing but stars, making her feel really small compared to everything else that could be out there.  Richie smiled at her while she was looking up in awe.

     "I come out here all the time to look at the stars

"I come out here all the time to look at the stars. But it's not half the view you are." He says in a calm manner. The two look at each other, inching in. Their noses are a centimeter apart when (Y/n) gets a terrible cramp right in the pit of her stomach, causing her to curl up into a ball and hold her stomach.

"Are you ok?" Richie worries, pushing his glasses up as he goes to attend to her. (Y/n) nods and winces. "I think I need to go home. I'm sorry, Rich." She says, not being able to shake it off.

The drive home is full of loud music and bad singing. When they pull up, Richie walks (Y/n) up to the door.
"Thank you, for tonight."
"You're what made it fun."
"Well, I hope to do it again sometime soon."
The two go to lean in again, being just as close as last time when (Y/m/n) opens the front door.

Richie goes red, "Hi Mrs. (L/n)! It's so nice to see you. Did I tell you that you look wonderful? Because you do." Rushes the nervous boy. (Y/n) giggles and Richie leaves.

"You should've been there mom. We were star gazing and it was so amazing and it was so sweet! Then we went to kiss and my cramps started again." (Y/n) sighs, flopping onto the couch. "I get it. Speaking of kissing, what about that nice boy that helped me with the groceries? Will, right?" (Y/m/n) asked. "Bill, and I don't like him like that mom. I don't even know if I like Richie, it could've been the heat of the moment and all."

"Teenage girls." (Y/m/n) sighed as she closed (Y/n)'s door.

Any feedback? Am I rushing things? It kinda feels like it but I was super excited to write this chapter. Thank you guys so much for reading! Have an amazing weekend lovelies.