The Key (4)

Everything was going by fast. We already had the profile and we had a suspect. That night, you and Spencer were going to have to go undercover - and act - like a couple at a club.

You sat in the locker room, waiting for clothing that you would have to wear tonight. Hoping it wasn't anything too revealing.

You started thinking about what was going to happen tonight. It was registering through your brain, and you started to feel nervous.

Your hands were clammy and your heart was pumping at what felt like 100 MPH, feeling anxious and feeling your blood run through your veins, your breath hitching.

You honestly didn't know why you were so nervous, and annoyed. It was just FBI undercover stuff to catch a serial killer. Why was it such a big deal to you? As much as you tried to not let it get to your head, all you thought about was being a couple.. with Spencer. It wasn't the thought that you both could maybe get hurt tonight that kept bothering you, it was having to be kissy-kissy with the person you honestly despised most. Maybe you won't even need to do couple-y things. Maybe you'd just walk into the club, have a little small talk, catch the unsub then boom, done!

You started bopping your leg up and down at a fast pace, your lips getting dry and you licking them to provide moisture, then them just drying up again. You repeated that motion until the sound of a rusty door opened and you heard tapping on the white tiled floor from shoes.

Emily walked over to you, holding up a black velvet bodycon dress with spaghetti straps, plastic covering the dress and hanger at the top where Emily's hand was curved around, gripping it.

In her other hand held out black heels. Nothing too out-there, just normal heels.

The dress on the other hand, was absolutely stunning.. but was it a little much?

You never really dressed up. You were more of a t-shirt and shorts type of girl.

"I-is that for me?" You said.

Emily gave you a toothy grin. "You're going to look beautiful! You're also going to get your hair and makeup done, so wait to put the dress on until then."

You playfully rolled your eyes, finding it so funny how she was so excited to get you all dressed up to try to catch a murderer, but her light spirit always made things better.

"The hair and makeup man should be arriving in around... ten minutes!"

You looked up at her confused. "Can't I just do my own hair and makeup?" You said, taking a sip of water.

"Of course not silly, you have to look.. expensive."

"Why?"

"What do you mean 'why'? You're going to a club tonight!"

You raised your eyebrows and poked your head forward a little bit, motioning for her to explain more.

Emily sighed. "You need to stick out! He needs to pick you and Spencer so by looking expensive, you guys will catch his eye first."

You made an 'oh' expression.

-

You had just gotten your hair and makeup done, now was time for the dress and shoes.

You went into the locker room which held a washing machine. You took off your previous clothing and threw them into the washer since you would want to put them back on after the case and didn't feel like washing them in the cabin.

You stood there in the locker room with just a bra and your underwear.

You went to go open the locker that held the heavenly dress in it, but there was one problem. You couldn't open it.

It was locked, and you needed a key. 'Why is it even locked!?' You thought to yourself.

Trying to pry it, you realized it was useless.

You ran over to the door and peeked your head out, whisper-calling for Emily. You did that three times until you heard someone walking up.

"Emily, I need help-" You stopped right in the middle of your sentence.

Spencer.

"Is there something I can help you with?" He asked, looking so smug and sure of himself.

"I need Emily." You spat.

"For what exactly?" He said, relaxing his body against the wall near the door way.

You were half naked, in a locker room, talking to Spencer Reid. Not only was this embarrassing, it was infuriating. He definitely wasn't going to help you, you felt heat coursing through your veins, and not the good kind.

"I need a key."

"Oh, like these?" He said, while swirling a pair of keys around his finger.

This motherfucker.

You tried reaching out for them, but he backed up. Of course he was going to be difficult.

"Give me them. Now." You commanded.

"Why are you hiding behind the door?"

"Spencer, I'm serious."

"I am too. Why don't you come get them?" He said.

You clenched your jaw. "Spencer! Give me them now! I'm not messing around with you."

"I'm not either, I'm just asking for you to come get the keys, silly."

"I.. can't." You said, your anger and frustration building up.

"Aww, why not?" He said. "Something your hiding?"

You pinched the bridge of your nose, squeezing your eyes shut. Trying your best not to give in to his little games.

He then dropped the keys to the ground and backed up. "Here, they're right here." He said.

You realized you had no choice. "Close your eyes." You said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Are you sure you have an IQ of 187? Because honestly, you're pretty dumb."

He laughed, while using his foot to push the keys back farther. He looked back up at you with an innocent smile. You rolled your eyes.

You opened the door quickly, running out to go grab the keys. You tripped in result from trying to run too fast, landing on your knees. Spencer looked down at you as Morgan, JJ, and Emily starting walking down the hall, which you didn't notice until Morgan spoke.

"Woah pretty girl, you really out here on your knees for pretty boy? In the middle of work?"

Spencer bit his lip, trying so hard to burst out laughing like an idiot.

You looked up, seeing the four of them looking down on you, all with amused faces.

"N-no I-" You started as Spencer cut you off.

"I was just trying to give her keys because she wouldn't stop yelling, and then next thing I know she's on her knees in front of me, half naked! What are you trying to do, y/n?" He said.

The anger over took you. You stood up, grabbing onto his tie and yanking on it hard, causing him to yelp. He was eye level with you, staring into your eyes.

You could smell him. The smell of the minty cabin shampoo filled your nose the most, along with a dash of coconut. It was a pleasant smell, really, but with a not-so pleasant man having it.

"Watch. Your fucking back, Spencer." You said as you picked up the keys, and let go of his tie. Heading back into the locker room to get changed.

"What are you gonna do? Get down on your knees for me again?" He called out.

It took everything in you to not say something back. You continued walking into the locker room, ready to get dressed.

You were going to get him back alright.

Just you wait, Spencer Reid. Just you wait.