Ch 2 Biggest Order

Eva*In the evening*"It's time to close the bakery," I called after seeing the time

Eva
*In the evening*
"It's time to close the bakery," I called after seeing the time. "Just a minute," called Lindsay from the store downstairs. It was a tiring day. I can't wait to go back home and lay on my comfy bed.

I was just thinking about all this when a strong smell of blood hit me. It was driving me crazy, I could feel my skin tingling. It was strange as it wasn't just a normal scent of blood, it was strong and intoxicating and it took all in me to control myself. 'I am quite good at controlling myself then what the hell just happened!!' I wondered but then just shrugged it off. Lindsay came up after a few minutes.

"........"

"a......"

"Pikaboo"

"Huh...what are you doing??" I asked.

"I called you two to three times but you didn't answer. Is something troubling you? You were in a daze." Lindsay answered.

"Uh..oh it's nothing."

"Did our saint Eva finally find someone huh" she smirked.

"Eww! NO" I said sticking out my tongue. "C'mon let's go" I dragged her out. We closed our bakery and checked the locks.

"Wanna go out and eat cause I know you suck at cooking," Lindsay asked.

"Better than nothing." I shrugged.

"How do you even manage without cooking?"

"I just.....manage." I said laughing inside 'I don't even need food sometimes'.

"Oh! Let's go."

+++

*At the restaurant*
We just entered and Lindsay's phone rang. She went out to take the call and I took a seat, after two minutes or so she came in squealing.

"What happened?" I asked.

"This dinner's on me," she was grinning ear to ear; that didn't suit her personality she was usually calm and composed and didn't smile frequently.

"But what happened?" I was really curious now.

"We got the biggest order just now." She squealed yet again.

"Oh wow! So till when do we have to keep it ready and when will they come to get it?" I asked, now excited.

"They'll not come and get it, we'll have to deliver....." She started.

"You know we don't deliver, Lin."

"This is big order please just this one time pretty please!!" She pouted.

"Ok fine!" I sighed, she was being like a child.

"YAY" she cheered.

"So where do we have to deliver it?" I asked.

"GASPARE HOUSE" She replied, beaming.

"Ohh ok," I said.

Then the waiter brought our dinner and we started to eat. We chatted for a while and then said our goodbyes and went to our homes.

I parked my car and got out of it when I saw my landlady strolling.

"Good evening Mrs. Miller." I greeted her.

"Good evening Eva." She smiled, greeting back. "Coming back from work I see."

"Yeah. How was your day?" I asked.

"Oh! It was good. You know the same w- Eva! what happened to your hands dear?" She asked, concerned.

"Oh, nothing. Just some scratches." I lied but not too efficiently.

"But it doesn't look like it.....Was it because of-"

"Oh no no, it wasn't. I'll apply some ointment later."

"Ok dear, take care. See you later." She said.

"You too, see you later." I waved at her and smiled.

Mrs. Miller was a widow, living all alone. She is a friend of my mother. When my mother came to know I was thinking about coming to this city, she asked Mrs. Miller if she can give me a place to stay. She gladly agreed.

My mom said that she knew me from my birth. She has no children so she treats me like her own. She is the only one apart from my mom who knows that I am a half-vampire.

I looked at my hands and saw the marks fading, I snorted ' the only good thing about being a vampire.'

I trotted up the stairs and reached my flat. I closed the door of my flat and quickly changed into pajamas and went to bed, 'Finally my comfy bed, tomorrow will be a long day.'

---------------------------------------

Heya guys,
How was this chapter tell me in the comments, if you like this chapter hit the star?
Thanks!!

Heya guys,How was this chapter tell me in the comments, if you like this chapter hit the star?Thanks!!