Ch 7 I'm not her boyfriend

Happy New Year everyone!!!     

Hope this year brings you a lot of joy, happiness, and prosperity.                       
-------------------------

Athan

"EVA!!!"

I turned back to see her staggering, I ran towards her and held her before she hit the floor. She was unconscious, that's when I saw that the wound on her shoulder was very deep.

Autumn came and shook her several times but she was not waking up. I scooped her up in my arms and said, "We have to take her to the hospital."

Autumn was both panicking and crying by now. She took the keys from the desk and quickly closed the bakery. We got in my car and took her to the nearest hospital.

She was taken into Operation Theatre and we were asked to wait outside. After some time the doctor came out and said, "She has lost too much blood due to which she fainted."

"Do you need us to arrange some blood for her?" I asked him.

"No need, we already have it here." He smiled then asked, "Do you perhaps know how did she get this much bruised?"

"May we know where else did she get bruised," Autumn asked from behind me.

"Oh, you don't know? She sprained one of her legs and some parts of her skin near her waist are black and blue-" Autumn started sobbing again, he continued, " -and by seeing how deep the wound on her shoulder is, she has been stabbed with something really sharp in her shoulder but I am surprised, she is recovering quite faster than other people."

I sighed, what the heck happened there?

"Seeing her recovery rate she will be able to get well in two weeks." He informed us.

I nodded my head, "Ok doctor."

"Young man, Are you her boyfriend?" He asked me.

"Whaa...N-No I'm not her boyfriend-" I could feel the heat rushing towards my cheeks.

"She is my friend." Autumn butted in.

"Make sure she gets a proper rest for two weeks." He told Autumn.

She nodded.

"She will be shifted to a ward, you can meet her tomorrow in the morning." Informing us this he went away.

+++

Eva

I woke up to the strong smell of hospital disinfectant, teasing my nostrils. The room was silent apart from my heavy breathing and the beeping sound you often hear in hospitals.

I slowly opened my eyes, squinting in an attempt to sharpen the blurred images before me. I felt powerless and heavy. I could not move my hand, my head, or my body.

I glanced around and was sure that it was a hospital bedroom. Why am I here? What happened? How long have I been here? I shut my eyes, trying to remember what had exactly happened. Then it all hits me. The memory of it all starts to occupy my thoughts;

I stood up to see Autumn off, in the process, my shoulder hit the glass kept on the table, I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder and wobbled. The pain was getting intolerable, my vision started to get blurry, my eyelids were drooping. I heard Autumn shrieking and two strong, warm hands grabbing me, then everything went black.

I try to get up, I couldn't remember how I got here but I knew for sure that I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. I hiss as I tried to get up, my leg hurts, my whole body is sore. I heard some voices outside the room, one was of Autumn and the other was of that jerk.

"Brother, how long do you think she will have to stay here?"

"I don't know? The doctor was saying that she recovers faster than normal people so I think she will get discharged once she wakes up."

What? That's why I don't want to stay here in the hospital. I hope they don't suspect anything.

They're doctors, they'll know that something is wrong with me. I have to get out of here.

"Yeah, I hope she wakes up soon. Come on, let's go in."

I hear the door opening so I quickly lie down, shut my eyes and pretend to sleep.

"Look, she's still unconscious."

"But I want to stay here and look after her."

"You will disturb her, Autumn."

"Brother just look at her, you were right she looks much better than yesterday. She is less pale and looks serene."

"Hmmm she really recovers quite fast, I wonde-"

That's when I decide to but in. "Mmmm.."

"Brother look she is waking up."

Autumn came running to me and supported my back as I was trying to sit.

"Eva, how are you feeling?" She asked me.

"I'm good," I said trying to smile.

"How long have I been here?" I asked her.

"Oh you have been here for one-" She started saying it.

There was a knock at the door.

--------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,
So here's the chapter. Do tell me how it is in the comments and if you like it please vote.
Your support really boosts me up and motivates me to write more.
Thanks!