Chapter 3

Morgan stared at me for a few moments before I realized that she was waiting for us to respond. I cleared my throat and smiled sheepishly at her before scratching my real arm with the digits of the metal one. "Hello. I was wondering if we had any soup or sourdough bread?" I asked shakily as this was a new person to me, and I didn't do too well around people I didn't know.

"Yes, young miss. There is an uncut loaf of sourdough bread and we have broccoli and cheese soup." Morgan said as she grabbed both items out of the pantry and held them up so that Remington and I could see.

"Perfect. I was planning on cutting the bread, hollowing it out so that I could put it in the oven to toast, cook the soup and then put the soup in the bread bowl." I explained my plan to her, hoping that she would understand and let me make it myself.

Morgan nodded in understanding and grabbed a bread knife to cut into the top of the bread, making a circular cut as she did so. She then cut the top apart from the bread on the inside and addressed me. "Why don't you head back to your room young miss? I'll have this done and made for you in no time." Morgan suggested as she pulled pieces of the bread out to make the bread a bowl.

I licked my lips nervously and hesitantly agreed when Remington sided with Morgan, the traitor. She giggled at my behavior and I nudged her gently. "Alright."

I walked back up the stairs, down the large hall, and entered Remington's room once again.

I was at a loss at what I should do. I can't go out right now because the nice lady downstairs was making food. I can't have Remington hack into Glenn's computer....or could I?

I quickly walked over to the desk, grabbing the laptop from the table where I left it, turned the computer back on and tapped at Remington to get her attention. If I timed this correctly, Maggie had gotten far enough away from the Pentagon to flag down a cab and barge into Glenn's grandmama's house. In that time frame, it would have taken the Pentagon at least 5 to 10 minutes to let the FBI know that there was a breach and that there was something stolen from the Pentagon. If we helped them, then we would be able to decode more than Project Iceman, Sector Seven, and Captain Archibald Witwicky. "Hey Remy, remember when I asked about hacking a hacker? Were you still up to the challenge?"

Remington responded immediately with excitement and enthusiasm. Apparently she wanted to help me commit this crime, but that was alright because there was only the two of us who knew about it. I smiled and shifted the control over to Remington who eagerly accepted the reigns. "What does Glenn look like? What types of things is he likely to download off of the internet? What kind of card did Maggie steal from the Pentagon?"

It took me a second before I answered her questions. "Glenn is an African American male. From what I can remember he downloaded music and movies off of the web. And it was a 2K sd card. I don't know if any of that was really helpful, but that's what I remember from off the top of my head."

Remington was silent as she typed on our computer. I'd never seen how the hacking process actually worked, but it was very fascinating. There was a whole bunch of code on the screen and Remington was able to breeze her way through it to get to where she needed to go and collect the information that she needed to. The movies I've seen weren't very thourough in how the process actually works, and I realized that while this was amazing, that I should probably be listening to our surroundings. If the both of us were distracted, then we would probably end up dead or hurt worse than we already were, so I listened intently at all of the sounds that weren't clacking of the keys on the computer or our odd breathing pattern.

And then I heard it, the telltale tapping of someone's footsteps heading our way. Whoever it was didn't matter to me, what mattered was how close they were getting to our location. I waited and counted the steps to calculate the best time to alert Remington. I waited and counted to six and then chose to alert Remy.

"Hey hon." there was a hum from Remington as she let me know that I had her attention. "Someone's knocking on the door."

There was a moment of silence as she stopped typing on the computer and listened for what I was talking about. We waited for a few moments before there was a quiet knock coming from the other side of the door. "Young miss? I have your soup." Morgan called out to us, making me give out a sigh of relief. I guess even in this new world I was still paranoid, well more now than when I had a body that was solely my own.

Remington stood us up from the desk and walked over to the door, opening it up to reveal Morgan holding the sourdough bread bowl with broccoli and cheese soup on a tray with a plate full of the sourdough pulled from the bread along with some extra slices of bread. "Thank you Morgan it smells delicious." Remington said as she grabbed the tray from Morgan. "I don't think that I'll be needing anything else tonight, so you can head home if you'd like."

Morgan nodded her head and walked back down the hallway. Remington closed the door with her hip, and placed the tray on the coffee table before walking back to the door and locking it so that there wouldn't be any further interruptions. Remington then walked back to the desk, sat down and continued to work on finding and decoding the stolen data from the Pentagon.

The sound of tapping keys came back as I slowly got bored and was tired of waiting. I came from a time where everything you could ever want to know or see was at your fingertips and was just a click or simple search away. Now that I thought about it, maybe it was a good thing that I was stuck in 2007. It would help me appreciate the technology that I did have along with the current tech that I have to work with now. Maybe it would also help me work on building up some more patience. I guess that Zemo was correct, with experience and patience a man or woman could do anything.

Though thinking of Marvel made me homesick and sad knowing that I won't ever be able to watch those movies again with my family or my friends. I'm going to miss my mom asking me to not talk during the movie. I'm going to miss my dad sharpening his blades in the bathroom so that we wouldn't have to hear the irritating sounds. I'm going to miss my sister rambling on and on about movies and actors. I'm going to miss playing Dungeons and Dragons with my brother and friends. Everything that I was able to do in my past life, I wouldn't be able to do any of that now because it wouldn't ever be the same.

I was cut out of my sadness and melancholy by Remington who nudged me and pointed at the screen of the computer. When I looked at the screen, there was the same purple and blue frequency just like in the movie. I cheered and praised her heavily as I watched her break down the code and gazed eagerly at the new information that was coming our way.

Apparently after Captain Archibald Witwicky had discovered Megatron in the ice in the Arctic Circle, he did go crazy and he raved about his success to anyone who would listen to him. The more we dug into and the more we uncovered, the more it made sense to me. Archibald Witwicky was writing in Cybertronian texts about the golden age on Cybertron, the location of the Matrix of Leadership, and the events of the other movies. He was put in an insane asylum and lived out the rest of his life there where he died.

His son was put on the watch list of Sector Seven once they were safely able to relocate Megatron to a safer venue where they could keep him on ice and study him for decades.

Evidently, in this universe Sparkplug exists here as well, which means that Spike is Sam's cousin and that there would be more than the small handful of Autobots that we are believed to have made it to Earth than there were in the first movie. I just hope that there will be enough support on their side so that Jazz isn't split into two pieces.