CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

ENJOY CHAPTER FOUR!

VOLTERRA VILLAGE,

6 O'CLOCK P. M.

Reniece stares at her caramel face through the mirror once again for the fourth time this night as she tried to calm the reddening underneath her eyes, the usually vibrant hazel color of her eyes darkened into a light brown color. Her healthy chubby cheeks were slightly swollen and her usually smooth, bright complexion was abnormally pale, too pale for a girl of her skin color.

The girl could barely recognize herself and she didn't know why she felt so empty to where it made her physically sick. Reniece sighed softly to herself before she bent her neck towards the faucet, turning on the knob, and splashing some cold water on her face. She then grabbed a soft towel and dapped her face until the water was dried.

Surveying herself again, Reniece fiddled with the comfortable clothes on her body. Once the girl was satisfied with how she looked, she went to turn around and reach for the bathroom doorknob when she was suddenly slapped with a dizzy spell. Reneiece whimpered as she loses her balance unknowingly hitting the bathroom door as she begins to slide down to the floor. These headaches came and they went but that did not mean that it did not hurt like a bitch every time. It was like someone took a whisk and started rearranging her brain like cake batter. The headaches started the night she left the town square.

After a few minutes, the constant spinning had stopped, Reniece carefully got herself off of the floor and opened the door to the bathroom. Slowly, she stepped into the hallway where she took her time trying to prevent another episode. She scanned the familiar white walls of her home as she passed by the family pictures of her and her family. Some of the pictures were vintage photos of her grandmother who was a model for the Italian Playboy when she was younger, another was family portraits of her mothers with a younger Reniece in the middle, and others were of her cousins in Italy and mothers' parents. Reniece's mouth moved into a soft smile. She had the best dysfunctional, however, tight-knit family any foster child could ask for, and she did not wish for any other family.

She did not take the moments with her family for granted because most foster children are not as lucky as her to get out of the toxic foster care system, especially, if they were an extremely sensitive case like she was. When Reniece was brought to her mothers' she was an extremely fragile child who had a lot of post-traumatic effects, however, because of the advanced mental and emotional care she received, Reniece worked through her problems and eventually forgave her birth parents. In fact, she was scheduled to meet her mother and father two months from now, the only thing that needed to be taken care of was the day to prevent schedules clashing and since they both lived in the United States.