One-Zero-One

Washington: (voice over) Journal entry "one-zero-one."

Somewhere in a jungle-like canyon, ship pieces and wreckage are scattered all over. A comm tower stands in the center of it all.

Wash: (voice over) It's been a while since I've done one of these so uh, let's get caught up to speed. Everything can be traced back to Project Freelancer, a military organization gone horribly wrong. The men in charge were corrupt and the soldiers who followed them were blind. Guess which side I was on? Eventually it was the project's own creations that tore it to pieces, and I was the one sent out to pick them up. I recovered, weapons, armor and A.I. fragments, all in an effort to keep the wrong people from getting them first but I was too slow. Everyone fought over the remnants of Project Freelancer. I didn't think I could believe in anyone anymore. But then... Cal found me, and introduced me to the Reds and Blues.

Sarge approaches Caboose on a bridge.

Sarge: Hey Caboose!

Caboose: Hello.

Sarge: We've got a proposition for ya.

Caboose: For me? Oh well you shouldn't have.

Wash: (voice over) They had been used by the Freelancers just like Cal and I. They were cannon fodder in a conflict with no purpose. But more importantly...

Sarge and Caboose are then talking to Tucker.

Caboose: Tucker the Reds gave us a proposition. We should really send them some sort of thank you basket like... fruit.

Tucker: Proposition just means a choice you idiot.

Caboose: Oh... We will take the fuzzy one.

Sarge: But you don't even know what the proposition is yet.

Caboose: Well then we don't know that it isn't fuzzy then do we?

Wash: (voice over) ...They were just stupid enough to trust. Together we were able to put an end to everything. The Freelancers, the A.I., even the Director of the whole operation. They're all gone. And as for us. Well, we're ship wrecked. Crashed during our ride home, and if we're not rescued soon, I have a feeling something else might find us first. This is Agent Washington signing... (loud explosion) Awww, what now?!

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Sarge is in a tank firing at Red Base, with Simmons standing to the side.

Simmons: You missed, sir.

Sarge: Dag nabbit! Who in Sam Hill set this thing to inverted?

Simmons: Well sir, statistically most users enjoy...

Sarge growls and annoyingly grunts, making Simmons gulp.

Simmons: Well, eh, err, it was probably Grif, sir.

Grif: (shouts) Hey!

Grif exits the base.

Grif: What the fuck is going on out here?! Who's firing at our base?

Sarge: We are.

Grif: You are?

Sarge: Our base is in desperate need of renovations. Figured I'd tear down the east wing and put in something nice and decorative. Like a mortar cannon.

Grif: And it didn't occur to you to warn me before you started blowing holes in the side of the wall?

Sarge remains silent for a few moments before firing the tank right next to Grif.