Worst Laid Plans

Inside Blue Base, Wash, Tucker, and Simmons stand in a line.

Tucker: This is it. This is rock bottom. You ever hit rock bottom before Wash? Well, you have now. 'Cause this is it. Can't get any lower.

Simmons: (sniff) I wanna go home.

Tucker: Okay well maybe I spoke too soon.

Doomguy and Kan walk in and stop, facing the idiots.

Rho: (appears) Hello, ladies! Cal here has got some "constructive activities" for you guys to do. Before they're assigned, are there any questions?

Simmons: Can I leave?

Kan: You cannot.

Rho: First order of business: seeing as how Donut and Doc failed in their extremely poor attempt at a rescue mission, we need to continue trying to find a way off this planet. Tucker, you're in charge of fixing the radio.

Tucker: Me? Why not Wash? He's the one who built it.

Rho: Because you were the one always complaining about doing drills. So in this case, you fixing the radio will mean you don't have to do drills AND you'll be working a different muscle: your brain. God know's that's the ONLY muscle you don't use enough.

Tucker: Fuck you, you red, floating dick!

Rho: Now then, Wash. Since you're SOOOO paranoid about us being watched. Why don't you relieve your own fears and scout the canyon for bad guys or some shit.

Washington: But, I- Cal.

Doomguy simply crosses his arms as Rho continues.

Rho: You're the one freaking out about us being watched, and believe me, we could be being watched as we speak. But you're the one thinking we are, so you're the one that gets to do some recon.

Simmons: Uhm, do I need to do anything?

Rho: That depends on whether you can keep your OCD problem under control. Grif's not here, so can you manage to do your job without going nuts over the smallest of things?

Simmons: Uh, yes Sir?

Tucker: Wait, what is your job for the Reds?

Simmons: What do you mean, I just did it.

Rho: Good team meeting. Now get your asses to work! We in the meantime, are gonna go take another look at our remaining supplies.

Rho disappears and Doomguy and Kan walk off.

Wash: I hope your happy.

Tucker: Hey, don't pin this shit on me.

The two Blues then walk off, leaving Simmons alone.

Simmons: I'll just, stay here I guess.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

At Red Base, Doc finishes fixing up Donut while Grif watches with his arms crossed.

Doc: Alright, you're all patched up.

Donut: I can't feel my toes. Is that normal?

Doc: Uhm, let's go with yes?

Donut: Works for me.

Doc: You know the next time someone comes to help you, I wouldn't really recommend beating the crap out of them.