Begin

It was the best sleep of your life. You could have laughed at the irony- a deadly predator lurked just feet from your slumber, yet your body betrayed you and fell into a deep state of rest. When you woke, the windowless room was just as dim, the scarlet glow seeping into everything it could touch. It didn't take but a moment to realize that, you were still no where near alone. 

     Your eyes, still somewhat heavy, refused to cooperate. With the sound of footsteps, however, your adrenaline quickly urged them to open and take in the threat that was approaching. 

It wasn't who you expected. 

General Hux stood before you, standing within the doorway. Just as you met his gaze, he stiffened. His red hair was just as fiery, near glowing in the red light, each strand slicked back into strict order. He looked even more menacing in this lighting. His eyes, usually bright in florescent light, were a deep navy, dark like an angry sea during a storm. 

With this sudden acknowledgment of his presence, you quickly shuffled, throwing the covers off to stand by the side of the bed, in stance and ready for anything. 

"I see your leg is healed." He said dryly. It felt like an insult, like he was disappointed. You didn't respond. 

He continued to hold you with his gaze, and just as you felt your cheeks burn with his stare, a dark shadow emerged from the washroom. You turned quickly, breaking eye contact. 

Commander Ren, in his usual dark attire. Helmet and all.

When you turned back to General Hux, you felt a chill as you see that he had not broken the gaze whatsoever. You hated it- but you looked down, averting your eyes. You could smell the judgement oozing from him, and it made you nervous. 

"Is it ready?" The Commander's modulated voice broke the silence, directing the ominous question to the red head. 

"Yes." The answer was short, sharp- but held much weight. You turned to see him reply, and his cold gaze bore into you still. Even The Commander seemed to take note, the helmet turned slightly.

Watching him, watching you. 

------------------------------

You were instructed to follow the two leaders. Not like you had much choice- four Troopers escorting you on either side. The hallways were just as cold and menacing as you remembered. Your leg barely ached- still somewhat sore, as you followed behind them. There was no need to run, or attempt escape. It was pointless in this moment, and the effort would be futile.

Play his game, make a dash for it when the right moment comes. 

The two men, striding angrily in front of you, felt as bitter as lemon fruit.  They seemed tense, and full of animosity. They seemed to fucking hate one another, and there was a bit of push and pull between their ranks. You took a mental note, sensing that this rivalry might prove to be beneficial to you. 

Soon, you approached a doorway, the heavy door sliding to the will of the Commander and Hux. As you cautiously followed behind, you gathered that this was no commonplace room. The ceilings were much higher than any room you had ever been in. Harsh florescent lights beamed down towards the center, shadows circling around the perimeter. It felt like an amphitheater, but without seating. Like a hollow, metallic cave.

The two men continued into the center- Hux's hands folded neatly behind his back, the Commander's clenched rigidly at his sides.  You hadn't realized you had stopped in your tracks until  were roughly shoved forward with the barrel of a blaster by one of the Troopers that stood sharp behind you. "Keep moving."