Panic

"General." Although his baritone voice was modulated through the emotionless helmet, the utterance was a threat. And both you, and Hux, felt it. For once, his fury was aimed towards someone other than you, his gaze directly facing the General. And that confused you. 

    "Commander." He straightened, slightly. You assumed he was trying to maintain what little authority he had, arms folded behind his back, his glare unwavering.

     The silence was near deafening.

     "She is not to leave my chambers." Kylo's voice was taught, as he stepped forward. 

     "Actually, she was-" Hux began coyly with a sideways glance to you, but a hand raised from the dark cloaked figure silenced him. Not with the force- simply the gesture and promise of strangulation caused the words to fail the general. 

    "She is not. To leave. My chambers." Kylo repeated himself. "Under any circumstances." 

    The general's face scrunched up in slight confusion, but he kept quiet, understanding the warning. His lips pursed into a thin line, as he quickly realized Kylo was not supportive of or amused by this. It was obvious what Hux's plans for you were, and Kylo was more than well aware. Hux's thoughts were blaring viciously of what he had in mind. 

     "Yes, Commander." He nearly spit the words, clenching his fists out of sight behind his back. Kylo's hand lowered after a beat, and he turned to face you. Your tears had since dried, tightening your cheeks, but you kept your grip on the hem of your dress, making sure it was well covering you. 

      "Come." Kylo ordered, and you didn't have to think twice before acting, quickly striding over to him, refusing to glance at the furious general to your left. The Commander gestured sharply for you to exit the room, crossing in front of him, as he sent one last masked glare to Hux.

    You weren't left alone in the hallway for very long- Kylo strode past you, nearly bumping into your shoulder. You didn't have to be told twice- with a glance behind you, you caught up to him, one of his strides doubling your own. You were nearly jogging to keep up. 

     You weren't sure how to feel about how he continued to stride forward, not bothering to make sure you were still following. He must know you were well aware of the alternative- you shuttered thinking of Hux's grabby hands on you and didn't hesitate to follow behind this man.... the man who had only recently.... touched you as well. 

    But it was different with Kylo. You snuck a glance sideways to him, his masked face straight forward, focused on navigating the hallways in lengthy paces. A warmth grew within you when he had touched you. The pull of the silvery thread within you was gentle, glowing, and felt... right. 

     He could have easily left you in Hux's grasp, alone with him in that damned room to let the General have his way with you- hell, it would've been torture. 

    But he didn't. 

     Right now, you weren't sure what to make of it. You didn't have much time to think on it, as it seemed you had reached your destination. 

     Right back where you started... his chambers. He motioned for you to enter, waving a leather hand. You obliged, quietly tip toeing past him and into the room. You felt he was about to lose it, barely biting back an explosive rage. 

    You found a safe spot behind a piece of furniture, one of the few he hadn't destroyed yet, and turned to face him, unsure. He walked in, the door slamming shut behind him. He didn't bother to glance at you or even acknowledge you as he rushed into the kitchen, removing his helmet with both hands, and slamming it down hard onto the marble countertops.