🕷9🕷

"Okay, here we are." Mr Harrington says as we walk in the Opera theatre, it was completely empty, I mean who wants to go to a theatre when they can be at the biggest carnival? "Beat the rush." Mr Del looks around, "Lucky for us we got the best seats in the house." Mr Harrington was trying to hype us up, I stayed back a little, "Hey, I'll save you a seat." Brad looks at me, "Oh, thanks." I smile, "You look, really pretty tonight," Peter walks over to me, "And I'm not pretty every other night?" I look at him, "No. No that's not what I mean at all." He quickly shakes his head, "I'm kidding." I punch his chest lightly, "Do you wanna sit together." I look at him, "NO." He says, I was taken aback, "Oh. That's fine." I looks down, "I'll just um. Go down, I'll save you a seat if you want it or not." I purse my lips, "Wait, no, Nat please." Peter looks at me, "No. It's fine, I know saving the world kinda takes priority, you know." I smile, "If you need to go, I understand." I tap his arm and start going down, "I love you so much. You don't even understand how much I don't deserve you." He kisses my cheek. I sit down and turn around one last time, I see him holding on the entrance pillar, I shoot a wave and face back to the front, the curtains were rolling up and I wipe a tear that was running down my cheek, I saw Brad move over to sit next to me, "Oh, hey." I try to laugh it off and I face the other way, "Fuck it." I shake my head and stand up, "Where are you going?" Brad asks.

I was going through the carnival, I look around for Peter or anything that resembles Spiderman, I walk around and I see the fountain in the middle steaming, what happened next was totally unpredictable, the ground started splitting apart and molten earth began seeping through the cracks and burst up, just like in Venice but this time it was the fire elemental, everyone ran away scared. It was rampaging through the entire carnival, I looked around, Mysterio flew in using his green smog to try and fight back the fire elemental, I look up and saw a crate get smashed into it, "Peter?" I saw a black Spiderman land on the wall, "Night Money, Night Monkey help! Help! We're stuck!" I looked up and saw Betty and Ned waving up and down to get him to save them, they were stuck on the ferris wheel, the elemental was already eating the carousel, getting larger and larger, the monster was walking towards Peter and the ferris wheel, he shot his webs out at him, "Idiot." I muttered, the webs just set on fire and it walked closer to him, it punched the ground and it split, causing the ferris wheel to start tipping over, I look around trying to find something, I used a tube I found on the ground and fastened it to the end of a fire hydrant, "It's gonna have to make do." I had a cap of a silicone tube in my mouth as I squirted some at the joint to fuse it together, I frantically blew on it to try and dry is as best as I could and I turned the fire hydrant wheel, "Yes! Yes!" I turned the tube to its leg and it began to harden, "Hit its leg!" I shout to Peter, "Babe?!" He looks down at me, he uses his web to shatter the l part that was hardened and it broke down, "What the hell are you doing here! Get out of here!" He grabs my waist and shoots his webs, "Well it sounds stupid but I wanted first of all to get away from Brad and second of all, it was our anniversary so I wanted to actually do something together but you forgot!" I shout over the wind, we landed on a roof, "I didn't forget, I promise, I had an entire plan, to forget my dual headphone adaptor, to try and avoid you as much as possible but then Brad came and ruined it all. I wanted to spend the entire day with you in Paris but Nick Fury- Crap!" He grabbed me again and we swing to a different building as the elemental swung its arm at us, "Nick Fury ruined our entire trip, he took us to Prague rather than Paris- Crap!" We swung again as the fire elemental roared at us, molten lava spewing towards us, "I was going to give you something I bought in Venice and give you a huge bucket of those sour worms you like, because it's our second anniversary, eighth if you count Blip years." He finally finishes, I finally realised why they were being so secretive, "You've been planning all that. For me?" I ask, "Well, yeah. You matter to me." He shrugs, "I'm sorry." I hug him, "What are you sorry for. You didn't do anything wrong." He flips the spider goggles up so I could see his eyes, "Help! Night Monkey!" Ned and Betty shout, "Shit, I forgot. Look, stay right here. Don't move, I swear to God. I'll be back." He kisses my cheek through the fabric and flips away, he shot his webs at the ferris wheel to try and stabilise it, "Woah, what the heck is that?!" He hit something invisible, he flung his web to try and fling it away, "No. No. No. NO. NO!" it was flying right at me and it hit my head, then I blacked out.

"Ow." I rubbed my head, "Hey are you okay?" Peter was by me, we were still on the roof, "What the heck happened?" I look around, there was fire everywhere after the attack, "Well, Mr Beck got rid of the elemental-" I interrupt him, "Mr Beck? Who the hell is that?" I ask, "Oh no, no, no. Did it hit you that hard? Do you know who I am? Please tell me you know who I am." He grabs my shoulders, "Yes I know who you are. You're Night Monkey, the European knock-off of Spiderman." I look at his black suit, "Oh, no, no, no, no, no." He stands up and walks in circles, "I'm just kidding. You're Peter Parker, my boyfriend." I leant up and kissed him, "Oh thank God." He breathes out, "Anyway, who's Mr Beck, I haven't heard that name before." I look up, "Oh Mysterio. Anyway, Mysterio killed the fire elemental, everything's finished, I'm done with the mission." He looks down at me, "Well I'm glad." I lean my head on his chest, we were about to swing back to our room, "Hey what is that? That's the thing that knocked me out," I grab a strange canister looking thing, I look at it and it suddenly popped out the air elemental, "PETER!" I screamed and he ran over to me and shot a web at it, it went right through, "Dumbass it's wind! Of course you can't hit it!" I bury my face in his neck, "Hang on." He walks closer with me, "No! No! I don't wanna go near it!" I wrap my legs around his waist, "No. Look. My webs, it went right through." He tucks his arms under my butt to keep me up, "Of course dummy." I don't turn around, "But it didn't get swept up in the direction of the wind, it didn't go up. It went straight through." He reaches his hand out and it phased, "What the..." I slowly put my legs back down, it disappeared again, "The hell was that..." Peter looks around. "Hey EDDI." I put my glasses on, "What is this?" I grab the canister, "It's Tony's Binaurally Augmented RetroFraming. Also known as BARF. Originally designed by Quentin Beck." I heard EDDI's voice, my eyes widen, "Where's EDITH?" I ask, "She's been reprogrammed to take orders from Quentin Beck, he is the new authoriser." He says, "Peter!" I turn to him, "Yeah?" He was still intrigued by the hologram, "Where the hell is EDITH?" I ask him, "Oh I gave him to Mr Beck, you know ho wmy note said 'To the new Tony Stark, I trust you'? Well I think Mr Stark meant to hand EDITH to the new Tony Stark, and I think that's Mr Beck." He shrugs, "Oh no. No. No. No." I walk in circles, "What's wrong? What are you doing, don't freak out. If you freak out, I freak out and everything goes downhill." He stops me, "EDDI is there any way you can rewire EDITH's authoriser back to Peter? We have to get her back." I say, I began to piece it together, "What, what, what, what? What's happening?" Peter began to freak out, "Okay, hear me out. Venice, what did I say that I found strange?" I look at him, "Well I can't remember what you said but the water elemental showed up." He says, "Mmhm. I said it was strange that there were water surges but I didn't feel any underwater currents as it passed under us remember when we stuck out hands in the water we didn't feel anything unusual?" I look at him, "And just then, your webs, we know this is an illusion. What if everything we've seen thus far was just an illusion? Beck wanted EDITH. If he designed Mr Stark's Binaurally Augmented RetroFraming, he must've-" I run my hands through my hair, "EDDI, can you bring up record of Quentin Beck? I need to know if he's worked for Mr Stark." I say, "Retrieving files, Quentin Beck. Ex-worker of Stark Industries. Tony fired him for being so called 'unstable'." He says, I rub the corners of my mouth, "Bring up any other associates with Quentin Beck." I was starting to have a cold sweat, "William Ginter Riva." I heard EDDI's voice, a picture of him popped up on my lens, "He created weaponised drones, it wasn't however processed through for military purchase, it was only allowed through Stark Industry's personal weapon distribution." EDDI says, "Peter, it's going downhill, you did a big uh oh." I shake my head, "Please stop freaking me out." He lifted me up and hugged me tight, I wrapped my legs around his waste, "It's fine baby, we can fix this. We can ask Mr Fury for help." I stroke his hair, "You're fine." I try and cushion his major mistake, "Anything else EDDI?" I ask, "Gutes Guterman. He isn't affiliated with Stark Industries however he did put an application in for a manufacturing role in the factories, he was however declined and turned down. He is now currently an author and has written a large number of successful fictional stories." EDDI says, I saw a picture of him, "Victoria Snow. Worked in Tony's old facility, monitored the electromagnetic pulses coming from the arc reactor, however fired for incompetency when in the new facility, it blew up. She now still to this day, specialises in electromagnetic pulses and earth tectonic movement." EDDI flashes a picture of her on my lens, "Janice Lincoln. She had large sums of money being transferred between her and Quentin. Possibly through payment of retrieving intel and reporting back." I saw a picture, "Anyone else?" I ask, "Here are the remaining people who have had recent encounters with Quentin Beck." I saw multiple pictures of people flash up on my glasses, I took them off and rubbed my eyes, "Peter, you're not going to like what I'm about to say." I lean my head on his shoulders.