04 | C₂H₆O

♥ ♥ ♥

♥ ♥ ♥

IN A HOUSE FULL OF UNI STUDENTS, you'd think at least one of us would have an alarm clock.

But no, I woke up to Raf throwing shit at me.

I'm not much of a morning person, to say the least.

So, when the first pillow hit me, I was primed for murder. And, as always, Rafael Herrera was a good target.

So that's how I wind up launching off my mattress at him, knocking him squarely out into the hall with a rough thud.

Kenna's footsteps sound beside us and she whistles as she steps over the two of us. "Pack it up, lovebirds."

Herrera shoves me off with a sharp curse in Spanish. I flip him off and rise to my feet.

Kenna's already down the hall, her hair in a blonde knot at the top of her head, some type of gold eyepatch type shit under her eyes, and a pink towel wrapped around her body. She stops at the end of the hall and tossed Raf and I a grin. "Water's warm, boys. You can shower together if you want." A wink.

Raf shouts after her in Spanish, likely another curse, but she only laughs as she walks away.

From the kitchen, I hear Charlie's yell, "It's too early for that language, Herrera."

"Vete a la mierda, Ross."

"God," sounds Kenna's scoff from somewhere in the house. "Herrera needs to get laid."

I grin down at Raf. "Yeah, man."

"Fuck off."

Just for that, I don't bother to extend an arm to him as I walk off, leaving his scowling ass on the floor.

Thirty minutes later, Herrera is still scowling, all dark eyes and sharp glares, as I saunter into the kitchen, hair damp from my shower, curling dark tendrils at the nape of my neck. Kenna approaches from behind me and whacks me upside the head.

I blink, hand flying to the back of my head. I whirl on her. "The hell was that for?"

Raf grins into his Cheerios.

"For the hangover," Kenna sings, remorseless.

I rub the back of my head and stare at her as she grabs the box from Raf. "I distinctly recall telling you not to drink anymore."

"Should've pried the bottle from my hands, Shankar," she snaps. She shoots Raf a look. "Do Cheerios help with hangovers, Herrera?"

He shrugs into his bowl.

She pouts and elbows him for counter space. "You're all bloody useless."