3

It's been hours since she died. Y/n still couldn't grasp what was happening. All she knows is that it's been three hours since. Her feet hurt and she was cold. The bag was still on her back. The sun was beginning to rise and she still hadn't found what her mother wanted her to find.

In a defeated attempt she sat on a log. Her head between her thighs.
She sat straight once again and then grabbed the bag. She reached for the book inside of it. After grabbing it she set it on her lap. Her fingers grazed the cover. Just as she was about to open the book, a bush rustled. She jumped and put the book back in the bag and grabbed a stick.

"Hello?"
She called out. Her eyes glued to the bush. A white deer walked out. It's head a fine pair of antlers. She was startled at first. The deer stopped and looked at her. It's eyes staring into her soul.
It ran off. She felt as if she had to run after it.
"H-hey wait!"
She yelled as she ran after it.
The farther she ran the more crowded the woods got. More bushes and trees. She tripped over a tree branch and stumbled onto the ground and rolled. She rolled straight off an edge. Quickly grabbing the edges she held for dear life. She tried to pull herself up but it wouldn't work.  She let out a scream in hopes someone would hear her but she knew it wouldn't help. Just as soon as she got ready to give she heard footsteps.
"Hello?Help!"
She screamed. A man walked up to the ledge. A mask on his face and he looked down at her.
"Please pull me up."
He began to turn but stopped. Something struck a memory for him.
He grabbed her hands and pulled her up.
"Beth?"
He asked. Hurt in his voice.
Y/n pulled back.
"Beth...wright?"
She asked, and the man nodded his head.
"She's my mother. Who are you?"
The man froze.
"What's today?"
He asked.
"The 27th...  Hey, answer my question."
The man began to pace back and forth.
He muttered words to himself before stopping and turning around.
"Listen uh I. I knew your mom. I know why your here. Come with me."
The man turned around and began walking. Y/n had no chance but to follow.
_-_-_--_-_-_-_-_--_-_-_-_-_-_-_--_-

It had felt like hours before the duo came across a house. It looked run down.
The man took off the bandage on his hand. A fresh wound was on his hand.
He took his free hand grabbed a knife to reopen the cut.  He put the knife back and dipped his two fingers in the blood. He drew the same symbol that had been seen on y/ns cat scan.
Everything seemed to change in the blink of an eye. The house looked 10x better than it did before. He walked into the house and held the door open for y/n. She followed him inside.
The house smelled like cinnamon and a slight trace of blood.  Y/n walked closer to the man.
"Haha, maskyyy Where you been? You brought back a babe!"
A man said you could smell the alcohol. The man or 'masky' put an arm out in front of y/n.
"Quit it. Where's the boss? I need to have a word with him."
The man laughed once more.
"In his office. Cooped up. What do you think?"

Masky nodded his head and started walking towards the back. Y/n got a small headache and rubbed her temples for a minute as she walked.
The two walked into a dark office.
"Masky. You're back."