vii

You were sitting uncomfortably in Mary's comfortable bed. That was pretty ironic, the bed was too soft and huge yet you weren't comfortable. Mary's glare was causing you discomfort. She invited you to her humble abode after the classes ended. Kirari had surprisingly agreed with you sleeping over at your friend's place.

Well, you weren't just uncomfortable but nervous of what might happen. It was your first time crashing into Mary's place, the first time to sleep over at someone's house. Kirari had personally brought your essentials and dropped it directly at Mary's door when you were at the bathroom, cleaning yourself up.

"What's the deal between you and Kirari?" She scoffed. "Don't tell me the rumors about the both of you going out is true."

"I-it isn't like that, I swear. Me and Kirari.. it's complicated," you said in a low voice while trying not to meet her eyes.

"Expound, Y/N L/N."

You sighed. Mary wouldn't give up no matter what. "They kind of own me."

"They? So it isn't just the president? And own you? How did that happen?!"

"They own me. The president and the vice-president." You showed up your fingers forming the number two, with your thumb and forefinger opened.

"The vice-president?! Who is she even?!"

"That.. I can't say. I'm not on the right shoes to do so. But I became their personal toy when my parents lost in a gamble with Kirari. And poof, I was leashed with a collar, indicating I was theirs," you told her. You left out some part though and lied a little. Even if Mary was your only friend, you were still cautious for the Momobami's reputation. Who knew what would happen if you would tarnish their name.

"Your parents? Adults losing to Kirari? And a younger version of her to be very specific." She paced around before sitting beside you.

"You know how much of a gambler she is. I think she'll always win no matter who she gambles with."

"So the both of you aren't going out?" Mary had to make sure of it.

"Nope. We aren't really. She just proclaimed it that way to avoid any.. issues?" You weren't too sure with that.

"Must've been hard to be their pet, huh?" Mary leaned her head on your shoulder.

"It is," you whispered. Was it really? The other side of your mind asked. They usually pampered you and showered their attention to you.

"Do you hate them? I mean, they made you their pet. You.. you don't like them, do you?"

"I.. I do. I do hate them. They brought me into this state and ruined my family's name. How could I not?" Yeah, how could I not hate them after all they did? I should hate them like I always do before, you convinced yourself.

Mary sat up straight. "That's good to hear," she whispered in your ear before pushing you to her bed and pinning your hands above your head, catching you off guard.

You gasped. "Wha-?"

"We've known each other for so long. We've been friends for years and I want to take our relationship into the next level."

"Mary," you called her name. You face was so red like hers.

"I like you ever since. I've always liked you," she said, her voice getting faint as she leaned down to you.

Your breathing hitched when you noticed the both of your lips nearly touching. You could hear your heart beating wildly. The face of the twins flashed in your mind. But they immediately faded when you thought about what you feel towards Mary. Like her, you had always liked her ever since. She was the first one to befriend you. She was the first one who cared about you so much with the exemption of your parents. She treasured you. That was why you liked her. But with the relationship you had with the twins, you didn't have the courage to notice it and tell her about it. The invisible collar in you had restricted you to do things you liked.

You smiled at Mary and pulled her head. Your lips met and you couldn't explain how elated you felt. It felt like cloud nine. Her lips were so soft against yours and she tasted sweet. You moved your lips and flipped her over, she was now beneath you, faintly whimpering.

You pulled back and breathed. "Mary."

A smile formed on her pink lips. "Does that kiss mean you like me too?"

You didn't reply, all you just did was to kiss her again. You kissed her until the both of you ran out of breath, pausing to catch it. The both of you made out until you decided to call it a night. You even teased Mary about going to the shower with you, which just gave you a small bump on your head after she hit you with a soap.

You lied down into her bed as you waited for her to finish taking a shower. Your phone vibrated on your pocket. You sat up and gritted your teeth, reading the message that Kirari had sent you.

I knew, we knew what you did, you bad kitten. Get back here at the manor or you'll know what will happen.

You knocked Mary's bathroom door as soon as you finished reading. Mary answered you in a muffled way that you didn't understand what she was saying.

"I need to go home. Kirari texted me and she wanted me to go home."

There was a long silence before Mary opened the door. She was wrapped in a towel and showed how mad she was with her facial expression.

"It's our first time being together for the whole night. Do you really have to go?" You nodded your head. "Well, I don't want you to!"

"Listen, Kirari still owns me. I have to do what she says or who knows what she'll do to me or to the people around me." You kissed her forehead. "Don't worry, I'll wait for you in your room first thing in the morning tomorrow. I'm leaving."

You were about to take a step when she stopped you by holding your arm. "You're.. you're not entirely theirs, right? I have your heart.

You smiled at her. "You do."

You were too anxious all throughout the ride towards the manor of the Momobami. The twins waited for you in your room where you were told to head straight to. And there they were, a disappointed expression on their faces.

"What shall we do with her?" Kirari asked coldly.

Her twin responded, "remind her whom she belongs to."