Episode 10, Chapter 2

Episode 10, Chapter 2:

Quinn got the call when she was on her first walk out of the house in days. She wore her down jacket over a gray Anthropologie Exbury Gardens cardigan and gray and white-patterned Anthropologie Walk With Me dress. [Sylvester Shuffle] She'd been talking to a vendor about what decorations they had to go with theme for the gala. Quinn had to spell out the word 'Dinosaur' a few times before they understood and believed she was serious. She groaned and sat on a bench along Central Park just as her phone rang. It was Sam.

"Hey, Quinn, I'm outside your apartment."

"I'm not there right now. I won't be back for a while. I still have a lot to do today."

"Okay, look. Who's taking you to the dance?"

"I don't know yet. I've been waiting for someone to ask me—"

"Well here it goes, I'm asking."

"Sam—" Quinn regretted that she said that the way she did. She should have added on
"anyone but him". She wanted to see who else was out there.

"Tell me yes. It doesn't have to mean we're back together. We'll go as friends."

"I'm being honest now. I always thought it'd be you back when we were kids. But I've grown up a bit, and even though we are friends right now, I'm still waiting to be asked by someone else—someone new. It's important if I want to move on... I don't want to hurt your feelings so if no one asks me by tomorrow then I'll go with you. Is that fair? As friends, we'd be each other's last resort."

"Okay, yeah, anything you say," Sam ended the call. He could have knocked his head in the wall. That had not gone as he would have liked.

Quinn, meanwhile, felt good about it. She wasn't trying to make him happy anymore.

Spotted: Sam Evans learning: you don't know a good thing till it's gone and found someone else.

***

Sebastian had no regrets for coming back into town. Since his return he'd made some money and lost some, but his main priority of becoming a figure in the Upper East Side hierarchy was coming along swimmingly. He of all people would be taking Kurt to the Debutantes ball. It would be like hitting two birds with one stone. They used to be friends years back, but after the summer they spent, they were estranged to say the least. He had a plan and a half to make Kurt look like the biggest fairy on his big day.

He'd met Sue in passing. She found him attractive, and he found her rich. When he learned who her grandson was, he concocted a plan so that he was her first call if Kurt ever needed a handsome, respectable date. Sue never told him there was a new boyfriend he had to worry about, but if there was anything Sebastian knew how to work, it was a boyfriend. In a week's time, he'd have crushed Kurt into fairy-dust and gotten away with his booty—pirate's booty that is.

It only took some basic Gossip Girl snooping to find out who the boyfriend he needed to target was. Thankfully, it was actually someone he found attractive, or it would have been a lot harder hit to his pride. He might have been a good liar, but even he couldn't fake attraction that well. Blaine looked like 'sex-on-a-stick,' and unlike Kurt, he didn't have a problem telling him that out loud in front of a crowd.

Sebastian purposely walked into him on the shorter boy's way home from meeting Sue. He'd already been given his orders so after meeting with Blaine covertly, he'd head straight to Kurt's where he knew their reunion would be unforgettable.

"Oh gosh! I'm sorry! I'm such a klutz," Sebastian said planting his feet and helping Blaine to his. He was a lot smaller than he guessed, but that was good to him because it made him feel bigger. Sebastian made sure to adjust his glasses and French-styled scarf, props for his act. No Brooklyn guy could resist the nerd-cool look.