Episode 13, Chapter 1

"What's the difference between gossip and scandal?" So glad you asked, UESForever. Anyone can commit a minor indiscretion and generate a day's worth of buzz, but in order to birth a true scandal, it requires the right person to be in the wrong place. Take one It Girl on a pedestal. Add a crowd eager to see her fall. And give them the means to knock her down

Rachel lived to troll Gossip Girl. Most of the time there wasn't anything jaw dropping. She was used to seeing the usual embarrassing photos from the spray tanners or nose jobs gone array. Once in a while a group shot found its way to the site with her in the background, and she'd immediately save it to her computer. Today, she found something surprising.

"Blaine!" she cried, and Blaine rushed to her aid.

"What? Why'd you call me?" he said on one foot as he leaned into her room.

"Did you see this?" she said shoving her computer in his face. "Your boyfriend was spotted shirtless at the gym with a brand-new tattoo."

"When did he get that? I just saw him! —How old is this? Maybe it's not real."

"I think it's real. Look what it says: 'It's got Bette Midler." Strange, but somehow it makes sense. I think you two have something to talk about. You're welcome," she smiled, and it took a moment to follow her train of thought. Blaine grinned cheekily at his sister, going to his computer to Skype with Kurt with the hope of getting cyber-lucky.

Kurt smirked when Blaine brought up his new tat. He got it the day after they were last together, but it originally was supposed to say something completely different: It gets better. But the atrocity that it turned out to be was: Its got better. The tattooist was lucky Kurt didn't sue him! He had been waiting to unveil it privately, but it looked like the cat was out of the bag, and now all of Gossip Girl's followers had seen it.

"Well, I can't wait to see it in person. I never imagined you'd be the tattoo type."

"I didn't think I was either, but I just went for it. I thought it'd be a fun little treat before Valentine's Day. Show a little love... to myself!" Kurt joked.

"Maybe I should get one...do you think I'd look good?"

"I know you'd look good with one, but I don't want you to get one."

"Why not?" he pouted.

"Because I like you just the way you are, completely untouched, untainted by anyone," Kurt smiled at Blaine's red face, "except me," he added.

Before school the next day, no one would have guessed the name-dropping scandal to blow into town. On the steps of the Met that morning, nothing was unusual. Quinn was with her two best girls, Brittany and Santana, and some new transfer hot shots who'd just come back to William McKinley. Quinn knew to make good with them quickly. Sugar Motta always wore bold, flashy necklaces; Sunshine Corazón liked fiddler hats; Becky Jackson was a unique character with red rectangle glasses.

Sugar had them all on the edge of their seat as she went into detail about the extravaganza she was about to throw in honor of Valentine's Day, which was her absolute favorite day of the year. Her daddy bought her a popular restaurant that was being renamed 'Sugar Shack' for the occasion.

"What does your father do again, Sugar?" Quinn asked.

"He sells pianos. He doesn't work for the mob if that's what you're thinking, and everyone thinks that," she said.

Rachel arrived late to the steps. Her train was delayed in-between stations for 25 minutes and then, deciding to chance her luck, she got out of the subway. She ran in black snow to get there before classes started. Quinn took one look at her and groaned.