Ch. 19

Stiles was perched behind Scott, dusting off the crisp suit draping his shoulders. The day had finally come and Stiles was sure he had yet to see anything so beautiful. Not just the decorations and the outfits but the feeling of love in the air. Stiles caught himself off guard for a minute, when had he become a romantic? "This is it, the big day. Any jitters?" he asked noticing the look on his friends face.

"Tons...But the good kind"

"Well then, let's go get married"

Lydia was weaved with Stiles' arm as the two walked down the isle. Stiles could say he was impressed with the wedding. It was not that he was doubtful in the couples skills, but the two had always seemed like a lawn chair and courthouse type of relationship. So when he came upon the flower spotted hall and twinkling lights peppered on the venue ceiling Stiles himself felt in love.

In the end Scott was waiting with visibly shaky nerves, excitement and everything in between painted on his face. He was a man in love.

Stiles relived Lydia, letting her peck his cheek before they both took their place on the stage. He could see out across the entire crowd, Mrs. McCall was wiping away tears, Mr. Stilinski was close to doing the same. All eyes were fixated on the door as Isaac was about to come through. But the more Stiles scanned the crowd he found one pair of eyes on him. Derek's eyes. Like Stiles was a gem in a sea of rocks Derek's eyes admired him, and he smiled back widely when he caught Stiles staring back as well.

Stiles had secretly anticipated all of his friends wedding days, especially Scotts. Mainly because he had never seen himself having one. He held Lydia's dress when she peed, picked up the flower girls dress for an old college friend, and even helped find and set up the venue for Scott's own wedding. He was always confused that for someone who tried to stay so far from love enjoyed weddings as much as he had. Now, standing behind Scott at the alter, Stiles could only stare longingly at Derek in his fitted suit and full beard in the crowd and wonder if he would finally have a turn.

Stiles loves that man. He's pretty sure he is in love.

After the newly weds had made their departure the entire party made their way to the reception. Just across the venue, white chairs lined a fresh green rolling hill. It was something out of a magazine and Stiles was impressed by his friend, who had ran off practically as soon as they said "I do" it was okay, they deserved it.

There was finally a moment to mingle. Stiles wasn't hunting down the husbands or making sure their parents were comfortable. He was just a friend trying to enjoy his best buds wedding.

And as luck would have it he was stuck with some old high school friends that Scott, for some reason, thought it was a good idea to invite. It was exactly why he hadn't planned on going to their high school reunion. Their questions. About everything, his soul mate, his job, if he still wore flannels every day of the week.

For once he honestly felt like bragging about his life, about how he in fact found his very hot soul mate and how his life had most likely turned out better than all of theirs combined. But instead he itched at the tattooed lettering beneath his suit, as he wondered where Derek was, and hoped he'd save him soon.

"I'm sorry but does the best man have a minute to dance?" Derek was slipping his large hand into Stiles' own. Just for laughs Stiles looked back at the faces of his past classmates. A smile spread across his face almost as if he were saying "That's right folks, he's with me"

"With a handsome man like you? I've got tons" bidding a goodbye Stiles slipped his arm around Derek's neck and let himself be pulled to the dance floor.

They swayed slowly under the starry roof. Stiles thought about how in the beginning he wanted to end up anywhere but Derek's arms, and now he couldn't imagine being anywhere else. Especially now, as Derek's hand would slide lower down Stiles' back with every step.