Chap 24: Oh Shit He's Hot

A/N: We're here! We're finally here!
I had so much fun writing this.
.
.
.

Liu Yang's Pov:

Later outside of HanShi, Liu Yang recited the mantra she had come across years ago in her readings. She bit her lip as WangJi raised to knock on his elder brother's door.

'Oh heavens, why must you test me this way?'

Knock knock.

'Whelp,' Liu Yang thought as the man inside let them come in, 'Might as well make the best of it.'

The juniors remained behind, while she was ushered inside.

Lan Sect Leader, ZeWu Jun--Lan XiChen, sat cross-legged at his table, offering a tired smile to the guests in his room.

"Brother." "XiChen-ge." WuXian and WangJi bow to him.

XiChen nodded at them. His eyes that lost the light of the Sun trailed over to Liu Yang, who stood behind his brother and his lover. "And who might you be--"

"...You are, so hot." Liu Yang gaped at him unabashedly, and moved forward to get closer to XiChen.

WuXian stifles a laugh while WangJi shot her a stern glare. Liu Yang ignored them and to their shock, she kneeled before XiChen.

Looking up at him with bright eyes filled with admiration (and also trying her damned-est to not crack a smile), she said, "I would do anything that you ask of me, Sect Leader Lan." 

The couple both stared at Liu Yang like she'd grown another head. And she might as well have, since it was much easier to accept than seeing Lan XiChen flirt back.

ZeWu Jun smiled, his eyes crinkling, "Thank you. I think you look fairly attractive as well."

Liu Yang giggled giddily, not expecting for him to play along. She squealed internally, because holy shit this is like her dream come true!

XiChen and Liu Yang continued to flirt, excessively so (well, in Liu Yang's case. She wonders how she hasn't been thrown out yet). This made WangJi and WuXian extremely uncomfortable, so used to themselves being the cause of everyone else's flustered faces.

"Okay, okay. That's enough. Uh-- XiChen-ge, Lan Zhan and I will leave you now to set up the party. Lan Zhan," WuXian said, unable to stand the two. His face was as equally red as WangJi's ears. He turned to his husband, who's posture was much stiffer than usual.

"Mn, brother." WangJi bowed stiffly at his brother, who offered him a nod.

'Poor Lan Zhan, having to see such a bold woman flirting with his big brother. He must be dying inside.' WuXian thought, and grabbed WangJi's arm so they could leave. 

Once the couple was good distance away from HanShi, Liu Yang fell into a fit of laughter. XiChen stifled a smile behind his sleeve, playing it off as a cough.

"Ha-ha! That was so much fun! I never thought ZeWu Jun would play along." Liu Yang grinned at him while holding her stomach that ached when she laughed too hard. 

Then, she looked at XiChen seriously. "Jokes aside, I am deeply honoured to have the chance to meet you ZeWu Jun. I've heard many valiant stories of you and HanGuang Jun."

She got to her feet and gave him a proper bow. She sat down again, minding XiChen's personal space this time.

XiChen smiled, but his face strained with the action. Liu Yang noticed and remained silent. She moved to the tea pot and poured him and herself a cup.

They pick up their cups and drank in silence.

Then, "I hope Lady Liu doesn't intend to continue to tease the others anymore, despite it being the most fun I've had in a while. I don't think that even my brother-in-law would be able to take the shamelessness."

XiChen couldn't help but grin at this.

Liu Yang smirked,  "It would be a great achievement to make the Most Shameless Man of all of China to be embarassed."

XiChen huffed a laugh and shook his head. 

Liu Yang poured more tea for herself and drank from the cup. "Although, I do mean it when I said that you're extremely good-looking." She hid a genuine embarassed flush behind her cup.

XiChen smiled at her knowingly, "I know, and thank you."
.
.
.