Chapter 1: The K2 Duo

It was November of 1916, on the Furness Railway, there was a K2 called Edwin; he was actually Edward's twin brother, and looked like him in his old shape; Edwin was a kind, and friendly sort of engine, who helped out in any way he can.

One night, Edwin was telling a story in the shed with the other engines; they were very keen with Edwin's stories.

'Our story begins long ago, an old engine was returning home; he was almost there, when the rain poured down onto him! That didn't stop the old engine, he kept huffing, and puffing; the brave engine raced through the storm, and just like that, he made it! He returned home, safe and sound!'

"Wow, Edwin; that's an amazing story!" Said a tank engine called Albert.

"Indeed, quite the amazing story, if I do say so myself." Agreed a tender engine called Terry.

"Alright, everyone; that's enough story telling for tonight; tomorrow I'll tell another just like that one, now let's get some sleep."

As all the engines fell asleep, Edwin looked up into the starry sky, and smiled.

"I hope you're doing okay, Edward."

Meanwhile on Sodor, Edward was just backing down into his berth. He was just going to sleep, when he driver had something in his hand.

"Edward, look what I found at the back of the shed!"

Edward opened his eyes, and couldn't help but smile.

"I haven't seen this in a while."

It was a picture of two red engines, photographed side by side. 

"I wonder how he's doing. I miss you... Edwin."