Chapter 2: Realization

Years went by, since Edward had seen his picture, and began to think for himself.

"I wonder if Edwin will be excited as me, I wonder what he looks like now." He huffed to himself.

Soon, Edward became lost in thought.

'Hmm, life on Sodor with the other engines is fun, and it's my home. However, I still want to return to The Mainland sometimes.'

As Edward was lost in thought, Thomas puffed up next to him.

"Hey Edward."

"Oh, hi Thomas."

"Is something wrong, Edward? You look a little down."

"No, I was just thinking about my brother back on my old railway. I don't know what became of him, or any of my siblings. He could be happily living as a really useful engine, or he could have very well meet an early demise... Either way, I'll be taking a trip to The Mainland to see him. I'll know what's become of my brother, so I don't know why I'm so worried."

Thomas had another question.

"Edward, why is your brother  important to you?"

Edward thought about it for a moment.

"Because Thomas, he's the only one who know where I left to, and the only one would tell the story I told him before I came to Sodor. He's always been there for me, just as how I'm here for you, and the other engines."

"Your brother sounds like a wonderful engine." Smiled Thomas.

Edward couldn't help but agree.