Chapter 24

I opened my eyes and found myself lying under a tree. The air was cool and I could feel a small breeze. I could only hear two voices. Two strong male voices. They were talking back and forth. I couldn't really make out their conversation even though I was trying. I turned my head and saw Abigor and Eros lost in conversation.

"She is our queen now," Eros said.

"She still has the right to her choice," Abigor said.

"Who will lead us without her? You can not be here Abigor, it has already set off the balance. You are now the king of hell. You have your own world to rule." Abigor looked lost and so did Eros. My heart still hurt for them both.

"Please don't fight," I said in a shallow voice. Both their heads turned and looked at me. Both of them came rushing over to myside.

"How are you feeling?" Eros asked me as he took my hand into his. Abigor lifted my head and placed it in his lap. I felt his fingers running through my hair.

"I feel good, I mean I feel tired," I said as I tried to stretch out my body. "What happened?"

"My father is dead," Abigor said. I looked up at him and I truly felt sadness for him.

"Don't do that, don't you feel sorry for me," Abigor said. "He tried to kill you and he deserved death." I took a deep breath. I didn't understand how I could be looking at this demon and see the love and good in his heart, but at the end of the night he was now the ruler of hell and he was without a dough a demon. My choice was to either be the queen of all that is good or be the queen of all that is bad. Being with Eros would be easy. It's who I am, it's what I was made to be, but being with Abigor meant I had to except things of evil. I had to rule next to a king of soul taking. Abigor could never change that. He could never join me here. My world would kill him and hell would be in chaos without a ruler. "Celeste, I can't be in your world much longer. I already feel weaker. Collin and all the other demons have left your world and they will not be back. I can promise you that. You also need to heal and that means you have to stay." He bent down and kiss my head. "I'll be waiting." He said and disappeared and I was left there with Eros.

Eros picked me up and carried me back to the castle. He laid me in my bed and took a seat next to me. He then handed me a glass of water. He looked broken and lost. I hated that it was my fault he looked like that. I loved his smile and his sense of love and life. All that seemed to be hiding and he just looked tired. I reached out and touched his hand. "I'm so sorry," I said. He looked up at me.

"What for, princess?" He asked me. He has always called me that. Even though now I was queen.

"For putting you through this. For making you feel this way because my heart is torn."

"I thought for sure when your memories returned and you remembered us, you would change your mind about how you felt for the demon. Do you really love him as much as you love me?"

I do, Eros. You both mean the same to me. I love you both so much." At that moment I felt like I knew what the right answer was. I knew I was going to have to take my place here as queen, but I was going to have to do it without a king. I was going to have to push both of them away. I couldn't pick one over the other. My choice was going to let them both go. My heart started to hurt with a pain I had never felt before and tears spilled out of my eyes. Eros moved closer to me and held my hand.

"Tell me what's wrong?" He asked me. I couldn't even look at him. I turned my head and the tears just spilled out.

"Please Eros, I would like to be alone." He didn't question me. He simply got up and left the room and my cries got even worse. I felt like this was the only right thing to do for all of us. My world needed me and I needed to be a strong and trusting leader. If I choose Eros. I would only miss and long for Abigor. If I choose Abigor I would only do the same for Eros. My heart was breaking. If I let them both go. They will move on without me and find love in someone else. Those words really cut deep inside of me. I fell asleep in my own tears.

Eros's POV,

I paced back and forth outside of her door. I was pissed off and lost and sad all at the same time. Even though she was herself again. I felt like I lost her all over again. I couldn't wrap my head around her love for the demon, but then again I did understand. I knew what love was. I knew how love felt. Because I feel it all for her. She has to understand how it will never work out for her if she picks him, but then I realize that if she picks me she will long for him. I just didn't know what to do and I didn't have any answers. What sucks, even more, is what I feel is nothing compared to how she is feeling and I know all of this is killing her. I felt all I could do was be there for her. I took a seat on the chair out her door in case she needed me. I would be right here. That's when josh, one of our most trusted men came walking over to me.

"Sorry to disturbed you sir, but the guardians need answers." I just sighed.

"They are going to have to wait. Our queen is not herself. Let them know we are safe and to resume their places as normal." Josh nodded his head at me and walked off. I took a deep breath and just sat there. I didn't know what else to do. I knew this battle took lives and the guardians needed to know their next moves. We would be in a place of great sorrow as we mourned the loss of our people, but only Celeste could lead them in the release of their souls. She was in no place to perform any rituals at the moment. The bodies of our fallen would have to wait. Our world was out of balance.

I waited outside her door for what felt like hours. I peeked in one time and found her fast asleep. Her body needed to heal and she needed her rest. Her mind needed time more than anything right now, but at least she was here, and at least her soul could even itself out while she was home. I don't even understand how Abigor and I survived the battle. I knew my back broke. I knew Abigor was dead. When she released her light. Stronger then I have ever seen her. I opened my eyes and so did Abigor and we both felt good. She saved us all and she don't even know it. It was too late for her mother. Something I don't think she even realizes herself right now. That will just add to the pain she is already in.

I knew I had to help her and do my best to keep her here in our world. She had work to do that only she could. I had to help her to help our people. I just only hoped she would understand that once she was better. I felt the rumble in our ground and knew who was here. I only hoped he didn't make to much trouble now. I walked out of the castle and there he stood. The king of heaven himself. I walked over to him and kissed his hand. "My lord, how are you today?" I asked him.

"Not very good Eros. Where is your queen? I don't feel right." I sighed.

"She has lost the battle, sir." His face became pale.

"Her soul is not with me Eros." I took a deep breath.

"Celeste has been hurt in the battle. She is not fit to perform the proper ritual."

"Where is she? I need to see her."

"She is resting in her bed, my lord."

"Take me to her now."

"As you wish." He followed me to her door and I stood outside as he went inside. He didn't close the door all the way. I could hear him talking to her in her sleep.

"My dear beautiful girl. I can feel your pain and frustration. Your mother and I never wanted this for you."

"What?" I said to myself.

"You are the most powerful being in all the worlds. You don't know how special you are my child. I know your choices are hard but you need to be strong for your people now." I watched from the crack of the door as he placed his hand over her heart and the blue light made her chest push out and when she laid back down. She opened her eyes and looked at him.

"Father?" She said and he just nodded at her.

Thank you for reading.

Please don't forget to vote and comment...