8 | Rin Okumura x Reader

Relationship: Rin Okumura x Fem Reader (Blue Exorcist)
Genre: Mild Angst - Fluff
Type: Oneshot

Summary: Rin's always been the protector. What happens when that finally changes?

Word Count: 3370

[ ❦ ]

  Finally, the Exwires were able to go on a fairly simple mission which didn't involve any of Satan's sons trying to kill them. They were still exorcists in training, afterall, they needed more than just the sudden, difficult battles they were thrown into.

"Ugh– it's too early for this." Rin whined, dark circles a bit under his eyes.

"I told you to get more sleep last night. You're the one that didn't listen!" Bon scolded the half-demon.

"Well sorry that we're on vacation!" Rin replied.

"We aren't on vacation!" The veins in his head were already beginning to pop out. They were only 12 hours into the trip and Bon was already loosing it at Rin.

The Exwire class was visiting Hokkaido, specifically the rather snowy mountains of the island. They were staying in a Ski Resort. It was a bit of a treat, the place was quite luxurious, but it could only be expected from a rich kid's school. However, your class obviously wasn't here for fun and skiing. You were here for demons. Specifically, winter demons.

"Guys, stop fighting. We've barely even started this trip yet." You stepped between the two before they were at eachothers throats even more. They gave eachother one final glare before returning to their respectful groups: Bon with Shima and Koneko, and Rin with Shiemi and you.

"Alright everyone." Yukio returned to the front of your small group, Shura beside him, and the other exorcists on the trip gathered elsewhere.

"You'll be searching for any one of these demons." Yukio pointed to several pictures that were currently being displayed on a bulletin board. Most were drawings while others were rather blurry or unclear photos.

None of them looked big, though. Some seemed to be the size of a coal tar while the biggest was the size of a low level goblin.

"They're all low level demons, none will be able to cause any significant harm. Each one of these has been sighted throughout the resort and the city. We know very little about these species, so you will need to collect and return these demons here." Yukio explained.

You tuned out after that alongside a much more obvious Rin. He looked like he was falling asleep where he stood, and it clearly bothered Yukio.

"Any questions?" He sent a sinister glare Rin's way, which seemed to be all it took to wake him up. He frantically shook his head.

"Alright, I've assigned everyone to groups of two. If anything happens one of you needs to call me, Kirkgakhre-sensei, or one of the other teachers here." Yukio said.

"Rin and (L/N)." He said first.

"Nice!" Rin and you high-fived. You two were good friends since the beginning of your year in this class. You were one of the few two to rather openly still be friends with him after his status as Satan's son was revealed. It didn't take long for the others to follow suit though. None of the other exwire were cruel towards Rin anymore, and you were all pretty close as friends.