Chapter 1

A world full of heroes seems easy, doesn't it? It is easy for pedestrians to live their lives and for the heroes to get things done quickly. Too bad that's not how things are in a world full of heroes. Heroes are too busy running around defeating villains. They never get a chance to kill time.

But there's one hero who wants to change that. The fastest and youngest hero alive. A hero who gets ahead of himself unknowingly.

This hero finds himself in a dark alley in the middle of the night. He was told about a certain criminal who escapes every hero's grasp. But not mine, he thought. A criminal with extraordinary power and unknown abilities. A criminal on which they have hardly any information. He wasn't sure how to get this villain, but it was enough to drive him to catch them. A drive to let heroes have time to kill.

Once he was told about this criminal, he was given orders to wait for his partners to join him. The hero, though, didn't have the patience. He didn't need any help. He can do it on his own. The hero had so much confidence in his ability to catch villains. But, with a bit of surprise, he felt uneasiness upon arriving at the location where the criminal would be staying.

He felt it in the pit of his stomach. In the back of his mind. Being a hero wouldn't stop that, of course. All he could do was move forward. He was so close. He couldn't stop now.

The wind around him slows to a still as he lands on the ground, flapping his wings in preparation. A dark warehouse stood before him like a shadow hiding away from the light. He used his feathers to observe the area. He listened carefully for sounds, voices, or even a single breath. To his dismay, there was nothing.

It was obvious this could be a trap. Or there could be many other things. He could've been too late, too early, or just at the wrong place. But that last option couldn't be it. He was sure he remembered the coordinates correctly.

Either way, he couldn't just wait to find out.

Only his footsteps were heard throughout the musky building. The rocks clack against the concrete ground as he kicks them by accident. The moonlight from above shone through the holes in the ceiling. Nothing more than just an old warehouse going to waste.

With his sharp senses, he knew he wasn't in trouble. There was no trap laid around or people hiding in the distance. It seems he has come upon one of those three options. He'll just have to wait in case he is too early.

The hero flinches when a sound is heard. A clinking of some sort, as if a glass bottle is being rolled onto the concrete ground. Unnaturally, a glass bottle rolls into the moonlight, a green-like liquid sloshing inside it.

Immediate questions pop up at the odd object. There was no one there but him. If there were, he would've heard them before anything happened.

Must have been something forgotten or left, he thinks. A rat probably hit it as it ran away from my appearance.

He looks around his surroundings with a raised eyebrow before approaching the bottle. If anything, it looked to be some kind of drink. If not, then a type of acid. He goes to reach for it to suspect the item out of curiosity.

"Boom."

The hushed voice catches his attention. His eyes widened while looking up. He could barely see a dark figure standing in the shadows. Once realizing what the woman said, he glances at the bottle he was reaching out to. He instinctively flaps his wings as hard as possible, lifting himself up in the air and away from the object.

But he wasn't far enough to escape the explosion.

The sudden push of an invisible force sends him to the wall behind him. He releases a strangled gasp from the impact, landing on the ground. Green smoke covers his vision as he stands back up. Brushing himself off and getting back on track.