A Shopping Spree to Remember

After telling my parents the news last night, we talked excitedly about the new supplies I'd need and where we would get it. Good thing my Grandma was there, otherwise I never would have made it to where I am now. The wonderful Diagon Alley. My grandma bustles me along as I take in all the wonderful things around me.

"Come on Winter just a few things left on the list, then you can look around some" 

"Alright Grandma, what's next?" 

"Well we've gotten your robes, textbooks, that culdron, and a trunk. So it looks like all we have left is a wand and a pet!"

" Sounds great Grandma! What should we get first?"

"Well, Olivander's is the best wand shop you can find. Why don't you go in there and see what he can do for you, and I'll go find you a pet."

I walk into the nearly empty shop and introduce myself to an older man who must be Mr. Olivander.

"Hi I'm Winter Hawthorne! My grandma told me I could get a wand here, do you think you could help me?

"Ms Hawthorne ! I was wondering when I'd see you in here. I have just the wand for you!" He climbed the ladder up all the way to the top of the shelves and pulled out box carrying it back down and handing it to me. The wand had a twisted handle but came to a very sharp point.  it was a dark wood with a core of dragon heartstring.

  it was a dark wood with a core of dragon heartstring

"Well then, give it a wave!"  Mr. Olivander urged. I swished the wand and little snowflakes started to swirl around me.

"I'll take this one." I said. I paid Mr. Olivander and then left the shop. Grandma was waiting outside for me with the most beautiful pure white kitten.

 Grandma was waiting outside for me with the most beautiful pure white kitten

"Oh thank you Grandma! I love her!"

"Haha I thought you and her would be a better match, since you were a bit afraid of that owl." 

" I think I'll name her Snowflake, so her and I can match."

"Brilliant idea Winter" Grandma said as she linked her arm with mine, " now let's go do some browsing!" We spent the rest of the day buying some new cute outfits for school.