IX. Tonight

Jin was in his royal bedroom.

He was not able to sleep as thoughts of Jisoo kept lingering on his head.

He remembered when they dated in the present era wherein they had so much fun..

That time when he broke her heart...

And most importantly right now when he thought she'd stop him from marrying someone else.

I'm Kim Seok Jin.. I don't like committments.. and I don't get affected... He pulled his hair in frustration.

Then luck came, as he finally fell asleep.

"Kim Seok Jin.... I cannot believe you! YOU PATHETIC CHILD"

Jin was surprised to see the woman he saw when he first realized he was in Goryeo era.

"YOU'RE THAT WOMAN!"

"Yes I Am... Gameunjang-agi... Goddess of Fate and Luck... Yes I am a deity who brought you both in this era as I saw you fighting in front of my sacred statue."

"What did I wrong for you  to call me pathetic? A-and... where am I-I?..."

"You're in a dream... I am here to tell you that you should not marry someone else.. as you are fated to be with that court lady.."

"That court lady? Impossible.. we dated and it didn't worked out an-..."

"You cannot defy a deity's established fate... You and her are meant to be together.. You are lucky enough to know that."

Jin woke up in the middle of the night.

He was full of sweat.

That was all a dream.... it is not even true... I shall go back to sleep.... He forced himself to sleep.

The next morning...

Throne room...

Jin was in his royal throne..

and Jisoo came in bringing teapot and a teacup.

She placed it down on the table.

He looked at her.

Then she looked at him..

"Your Highness.. You have eyebags."

Jin just stared at her in his poker face.

"I couldn't sleep... Anyways.. can you tour me outside.. I want to escape from this hellhole." He said

"I couldn't do that... Ask Your palace guards."

"I want you to be the one who'll do that.."

"Alright then...but please do protect me if ever I get executed in this era."

Jin laughed at her statement. Then he nodded.

BACKGROUND MUSIC:

They both rode the horse as they wore something in disguise.

They reached near the lake area and sat on the grasses.

Jin looked at the surroundings..

There were a lot of butterflies, and then birds on the bright skies.

"Do you like it here Your Highness?"

"Well.. Not bad.."

"Shall we try the foods on the market area? It will be great..."Jisoo said

Jin felt his stomach rumbling. Jisoo laughed then pulled him with her.

"I never tried ancient foods like these." Jin said.

Then Jisoo dropped two gold coins, they were able to get food.

Jin hummed in satisfaction.

Time went so fast that it was already sunset.

They both stopped by an empty cottage like place where the sun meets the sea.

"This is amazing here." Jin muttered

"Yes.. I heard that they will be releasing floating lanterns tonight."

"Shall we wait?"

"Hey King Kim Seok Jin... They will be looking for both you and me wouldn't that be suspicious."

"I don't care.. we're just forced in this era.. We can do whatever we want."

Jisoo just gave up as Jin was insisting.

The night skies came and there were a lot of lanterns floating in the skies.

"Finally!" Jisoo smiled as she looked above.

Jin looked up as well as he was also amazed.

Then he looked at her, he smiled as she was very happy and enthusiastic.

Maybe that deity was right... Maybe I was fated to love her... and to be committed to her..

Jisoo's expressions changed when she caught Jin staring at her for a long time

"Jisoo.....don't move." Jin slowly leaned closer to her face, he held her chin with his hand then pressed his lips against hers.

Jisoo was puzzled so she was frozen in her place.

But eventually she closed her eyes as Jin's lips were on hers

Together they savored the moment under the night sky full of floating lanterns.

BONUS VIDEO

|END OF CHAPTER |