(Kyoya Ootori) The Light Side of the Dark

The Light Side of the Dark: Referring to how the business world is filled with corruption and sad stories though their can always be something positive to be found.

From: Ouran High School Host Club

Genre: #Romance #OHSHC #HostClub #Host #GenderBender #Journalist #Ouran

Name: Minori Matsumoto - meaning 'Truth' in Japanese and is a unisex name. Her last name is also Japanese with 'Matsu' meaning 'Pine Tree' or 'Fir Tree' and 'Moto' meaning 'Base' 'Root' or 'Origin'. She sometimes goes by 'Mio' for short which means 'Beautiful Cherry Blossom'.

Background:

Minori is the Daughter of the CEO of a news company and is an aspiring Journalist. Her father's company however, it corrupt, printing either lies, spreading rumours for sensationalism or focusing on the bad side of people and tarnishing their reputation to get more readers. Minori hates this but she is no position to change things as she is not loved by her father who is only interested in profit and her mother who had previously been a mistress and had given birth to her, lying that she had been a boy, so that she would become the main wife. Minori became a thorn in her fathers side from the moment she was born as her father had believes that she would have been a boy. Her father had a condition which made it difficult for him to conceive children, and Minori was likely the only child he would ever get, so she would be his only heir. Minori was neglected by both parents, her mother being completely ignored after her birth which lead her to take it out on Minori and her father not being able to even look at her though Minori honestly could care less. In the beginning, all she wanted was her parents love, however she soon learned that she wasn't going to get at and started to see her parents for the crooks that they were. Despite her childhood, she grew up to be a happy child, though very intelligent, and so she started her own paper where she would publish stories that would brighten peoples days, expose good things about people and generally make people smile. She kept her identity a secret and used an alias as she knew her name would cause people so doubt her stories and she didn't want to be affected by her families bad reputation. She used her influence through this paper as it became more and more popular to help people, making people feel better about themselves and discreetly adding information that will plant the seeds for people to notice something that needs to be fixed without actually saying anything. She uses her fathers company to gather information that isn't so good as well so she knows the people she should avoid and helps the victims of her fathers company by taking their side if they are innocent. She became her fathers main competitor and he had no idea she was right under his nose because of the alias she used. She ends up going to Ouran High School in the same year as Haruhi. Because of her fathers reputation, people either avoid her like the plague because they don't want something bad written about them in his paper or they approach her with rumours they want spreading. Minori hates this and tries to fade into the background and be unnoticed though its harder than it looks. She continues with her secret paper and doesn't spread any malicious rumours herself though she gets blamed for many because of her name alone. She often spends time by herself and because of this, not many people actually know what she looks like as she usually keeps her head down to avoid unnecessary people. She is eventually noticed by the host club and dragged into their mess but when they find out who her family is, will they still risk keeping her around?

Blurb:

???

Suggestions:

Minori becomes friends with Haruhi who doesn't judge her because of her parents actions and ignores what everyone is saying about her. Haruhi realises that Minori is actually really nice and positive though she isn't overbearing like her father or Tamaki so the two of them get along quite well.

Her fathers Company has slandered many rich families including those of the host club. Because of this, Minori becomes the target of bullying, though it is discreet and those doing it try to hide who they are as best they can. Others just keep their distance.

Ayanakoji(?), the red headed girl who bullied Haruhi after she first becomes a host ends up approaching Minori with the goal of spreading malicious rumours about her but Minori refuses.

Minori starts adding stories she had seen in Ouran in her paper, talking about happy things she had seen and stories people look over because they aren't considered scandalous gossip. She ends up using her paper to clear Haruhi's name as well when someone starts throwing around false rumours about her. However, it's Minori herself who is accused of spreading the false rumors after.

When Minori's father eventually finds out who the owner of her paper is who had been rivalling his, he pulls her out of school on sick leave with the intention of punishing her and figuring out what to do with her and use her to his own befit.

Minori's ultimate goal is to take over her father's company and get rid of all the corruption but her father wont let her do that without a fight if he finds out her goal. 

Minori helps people through her paper by...

- Adding stories that centre around a specific theme, leading people to pay more attention to those things and notice stuff.

- Mention events that don't have a lot of notaries though have a good cause. This could promote charities, raise someone's influence when they had few before or give someone the chance to spend time with other people if they have a busy schedule and this even give them an excuse to spend time with someone. so basically Minori is planting ideas into peoples heads the same way Kyoya does when he leaves Malabo pamphlets around Tamaki.

- Pointing out the effects of donations people have made that have gone unnoticed or have been outshone by bad rumours.

- Drawing attention to something else to overshadow bad rumours, making people forget about something as they are occupied with another.

 She ends up joining the Host Club as their photographer as well as a host herself while pretending to be a boy

Her father goes to many social events and has many connections with powerful people who have used him to spread rumours. She also attends these events and is secretly gaining her knowledge of who to avoid and knows about all the dirty deeds going on behind the scenes. she uses this knowledge to help the victims.

Her paper - i say paper because I don't know what to call it. its basically her way or sharing her stories and information - is called something along the lines of 'The Bright Side', 'The Silver Lining' 'The Light Side' or 'The/A Pick me Up'.