The new intern

Just a warning, the first few chapters make no sense and go by way to fast. I'll fix those one day when I get time to.

*Autumn's P.O.V.*

I woke up to a loud buzzing noise. I grunted them rolled over on my bed to shut my alarm off. I grunted when I realized what today was. Yet the day that I never thought I would see. Working for my dream company. Well not completely but I'm excited to be an intern at least. It's not easy becoming an intern for this company with all the highly competitive requirements and large standards. It's one of the most competitive companies in the world. The company I am officially and intern for is Hornsby medical. The best part is, I'm not doing much medical work. I squealed and shaked in excitement then rolled out of bed. Only there wasn't enough mattress for me to completely roll to by the edge.

I fell face forward onto my apartment floor. My nose felt bruised. "Son of a..." I was cut off by my phone ringing. I pulled my self up on my bed and grabbed my phone. The screen lit up with the words private number. This wasn't anything new, it's always my nephew who's a few years younger than me trying to pull a prank on me. I swiped to answer.

"Who's this?" I asked sarcastically with a smile on my face. I got up and looked in my small closet for something to wear that would have a good first impression on me.

"Wendy Williams," He giggled. "Okay but actually I just called because I need you to tell me something," he admitted. I shook my head.

"I...Steven...fine but this is the last time," I sassed knowing I said that last time but here I am.

"Uh huh, anyways what's a three dimensional figure?" He murmured.

"Steven, your a sophomore in high school. You should know what that is by now," I whispered loudly over the phone and frowned.

"Just tell me what it is," he whined. "And don't say it has something to do with vertices because I don't know what those are either," I rolled my eyes.

"Steven, what does three dimensional stand for?" I asked.

"Nothing," he argued. "Just tell me what it means," he complained.

"3D now stop calling me for those kinds of things and look it up on Google or something," I answered then hung up.

I grabbed a white button shirt and a pair of navy blue jeans off the rack and took the hangers off. I stripped off all of my clothes and changed into the new clothes. I watched myself slowly button up my shirt in the mirror. I took deep breaths and smiled when I finished. I walked over to my jewelry box and took out a pair of earrings. After I put them in I grabbed my black flats and slipped my feet into them. I looked at the clothes on the floor and shook it off. I sprayed body spray on me then brushed my brown wavy hair while it frizzed up. I grabbed my purse and looked at myself in the mirror one last time before I left.

I walked out of my apartment. I made sure to lock the doors and started walking down the stairs, avoiding the elevator just in case of an embarrassing interaction with someone. It's a very populated city so it's a common occurrence anyways but I try to avoid them as much as I can. I started to walk with the crowd while looking down to avoid eye contact of anyone and risk having to talk to them. All I could hear are horns and footsteps and that's the one thing I hate about early mornings. Yes it happens all the time but it's too early for this, my problem though.

Finally I got to the building. It was more taller than what I actually payed attention to. I walked into the lobby and was greeted by the secretary. Her blonde locks and glasses really stood out about her. Her glasses were perfect for her brown eyes.

"Hello Miss Anstington," she said as she smiled. She was filling something out but I didn't think she'd know who I was.

"Hello..." I looked at her gold framed name plate. "Ms Coleman," I awkwardly smiled. She giggled.

"Please, call me Kristen darling. Also your earrings look very lovely on you dear," she complimented.

"Thank you Kristen," I smiled. She took a pair of keys out of a drawer and some papers and stacked them neatly.

"Anyways the second top floor of known as the fifty-ninth floor. You're below Mrs and Mr Hornsby. No one is really up there and you have your own office to work in which means they expect you to do more so don't be surprised if they overwhelm you with work unnoticed or at an inconvenient time. They will do that a lot because they want to push you and see how much work you can handle. Yours is the third office out of the four. If you have any questions once your up there just email one of them," she explained then handed me the keys and paper.

"Aren't..." I leaned in and whispered to her. "Aren't they strict and mean people?" I whispered.

"They have those tendencies but they really aren't in most cases when they try. I promise they're nice," she chuckled as she tried hiding her laughter in.

"Okay thanks," I sighed and headed towards to elevator knowing my knees wouldn't be able to bare how many steps there are to get up to that floor level. The elevator door opened and to my surprise there was no one in there. I hit the button that said fifty nine and crossed my arms. It never stopped for anyone and that was the best part. Finally I got up there and unlocked my office door. It was much organized and I felt better In here than my apartment. I sat down at my desk and looked at a sticky note that had and email address and a password written on it. I signed into it with the computer and then went to my email to see that I already had a dozen new ones.

As I was reading the second email I noticed I was feeling slightly younger but then I got a voicemail on the phone that was in there. I looked for the correct button and I pressed it after multiple attempts of hopefully hitting the right button.

"Miss Anstington come to my office immediately," Mr Hornsby demanded in the voicemail.