the last day of year five

what a year. people were pleased it was the last day and people were sad. voldemort was confirmed to be back, umbridge was gone and harry wasn't seen publicly around school because of sirius's death.

but i remember the last day to be amazing, there we all were, by the lake, partying all night. there were fireworks, booze, loud music and lots of food.

draco came too!

although draco was hated throughout hogwarts for his actions agains others, he decided that he would give it a go.

"emily. i'm nervous, what if i'm kicked out or people start shouting at me, i don't think i can do this."

"for god sakes draco! pull yourself together. it's just a party. besides, there are people that are more hated than you going. no one cares who you are or what you have done. i will stay with you the entire night. stop worrying... come here." i cuddled him so tight "its okay to be nervous. lets enjoy ourselves whilst we get the chance."

as we got to the lake, there were about nine people skinny dipping, fred and george were out of it and it was hermione's first time being drunk.

after five minutes of arriving fred and george some how managed to set of the fireworks which of course caught the attention of professor mcgonagall. she made her way down to the lake with professor dumbledore. i could see them both in a distance in the crowd turning off the music. dumbledore made an announcement to us "i understand you all want to party on your final night. but no fireworks are permitted on the school grounds. if i see anymore, this party will not carry on and no more parties will be happening next year either. but most importantly, enjoy tonight."

one cup, two cups, three cups, four cups... i was gone.

draco carried me in his arms back to his dorm. he poured me a glass of water and sat down next to me as i began to sober up.

"emily, you know i love you. we have been together for quite some time now."

"i love you too draco, i never want to leave you."

"i don't want to leave you either."

he pulled me into a warm hug.

"just, i need you to make me a promise."

"anything for you draco."

"if i tell you to stay away from me for a short while, will you do it?"

"like break up?"

"no of course not. i just know things aren't looking great."

"what do you mean?"

"with voldemort's confirmed return, you know my father. please promise me."

"i don't know draco. i'm tired."

we both fell asleep, our last night together for a while. with me knowing what will happen in just a few months.

"i love you emily."

"im going to miss you."